Kindle and Kindle 2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ilovepink4, Apr 4, 2009.

1. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

Does anyone have a Kindle or Kindle 2? How do you like it? I think I would love one! I got one for my daughter, 19, for her birthday on the 16th. I hope she likes it! I hope she can get college textbooks on it. I want one to store the millions of books I buy!
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

I dont have one but really wanted one after seeing on Oprah. However after researching and reading problems people were having decided to wait to see if it improved and if price came down.

let us know how daughter likes it. did you know library will let you download books now? movies to come soon!
  3. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

the library will let us download books? like audio books or the written version? How does that work? i am super interested!

thank you for the info!
  4. 3gs

3gs New Member

Go on your library site u will see ebooks. You can download onto computer kindle etc. Basically you download for 3 wks then return. Some authors have ok you being able to burn a cd of thier book! free.

I think you can download both audio and know for sure written. Havent tried it yet(new to computer)oh you do have to have Adobe reader. Talk to your library they can help.

Pretty cool for folks that cant get out
  5. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

Thanks for your info! I have a daughter that is disabled (cerebral palsy) and she would benefit from this as well! I will check it out.