King of hearts monitor?? anyone heard of this??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fieldmouse, Nov 3, 2006.

1. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

My doc called today. Told me that the holter monitor that I wore for 48 hours last week showed sinus tachycardia. Now she wants me to do the King of hearts monitor. She said I will wear it for a week. Anyone know anything about this? Thanks,. Mick!!
  2. charlenef

charlenef New Member

im a week into it i have had nothing but problems from the begining with electrodes.my skin is driving me nuts well anyway they had suggested if my symptoms lasted longer then a few seconds i could get the king of hearts there are 2 different ones one has the hook ups and one you can put your finger on if your having any symptoms. good luck charlene
  3. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

4. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

Are you experiencing heart palpitations? My Doc had me wear the holter monitor and then the king of hearts monitor prior to getting a full work up on my heart.

I was experiencing horrible heart palpitations and had to be placed on a beta blocker to help control them. My cardiologist told me everyone gets palps but they usually don't notice them.

The King of Hearts Monitor is able to capture ECG data both before and after your symptoms are experienced. Unlike the Holter monitor which only records ECG's for 24 hours, the King of Hearts Monitor can be worn for greater periods of time. You are able to shower because you apply your own electrodes daily.

When you feel a symptom you just press the button and the information is sent over telephone for diagnosis and follow-up.

Hope all goes well.

Love & Hugs!
    Carolin
  5. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

Thanks for the info. I am having very fast pulse rate episodes. They put the holter monitor on and said I have sinu tachycardia. My pulse was as high as 145 at times so she was concerned about that. I have these episodes so bad sometimes that I can feel it thru my whole body. It gets very annoying and makes me very tired. Thanks again!! ~Hugs~ Mick!!
  6. charlenef

charlenef New Member

CAN YOU FEEL YOUR HEART ALL THE WAY INTO YOUR EAR? THIS DRIVES ME CRAZY .I THINK I SHOULD BE DONE WITH THIS MONITOR IN A COUPLE MORE DAYS. THE DR TOLD ME PREVIOUSLY THAT I HAVE A SINNUS ARRYTHMIA.THEY JUST WANTED TO CHECK FURTHER I GUESS. GOOD LUCK TO YOU CHARLENE
  7. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

I feel it from my head to my toes. It is soooo annoying....I hope they can help with all these tests. Hopefully they can help with the ringing in my ears too...~hugs~ Mick!!
  8. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

I go tomorrow morning to ge the King of Hearts for a week. I will let ya know what I find out. Anyone else that has done this or is doing it, let us know what you find out. Thanks, ~Hugs~ Mick!!