kjfms where are you?? I coming to the bridge on Sat

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ckball, Oct 19, 2007.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

Hey Karen- just wanted to tell you I am driving tomorrow to see the base jumping at the New River Gorge. I see you have not posted in awhile- I hope you are ok- Carla
  2. ckball

ckball New Member

yep you got it- for sure taking the camera, it is beautiful there, I haven't been to this event but have seen it on TV. Strickly spectator for me!!!!!

I have got out of my car and stood on the bridge and looked down and taken pics in the past. I use to drive across it several times a year when I lived in VA traveling back and forth to KY. It is very cool- I hope your feeling better-Carla
  3. ckball

ckball New Member

You can bet on it. I have a digital and got a new memory card today so I can take about 2500 pics now, that should do it- Carla
  4. ckball

ckball New Member

Oh I am sorry you won't be there. I read all about it yesterday and they said maybe 250,000 people will be there! Now I am wondering if I should, but it sounds like a lot of fun.

I am waiting on my freind she has some things to do first then we are leaving around 9-9:30-

I am going to park at Krogers and take the shuttle over. I am still recovering from foot surgery and still have the pins in my foot so I have to wear my ortho boot and one tennis shoe,,lol- oh well it will be worth it.

Glad you are ok, I'll wave as I go by-Carla
  5. ckball

ckball New Member

She was a no show or call. We aren't close freinds, she was my contrator that built my deck and put my roof on.

She is really busy with work, then her adult kiddies always want something from her, leaving her no time for herself or friends.

She had a daughter die a year ago in a motorcyle accident so it is hard to say no to her other 2 daughters who have new babies. I was going to call but didn't.

I had a rough night sleeping anyway and was really tired so didn't want to drive it all myself, esp with the right foot still healing. Then I found out I couldn't take the dogs. So just as well I guess. Hope your hubby can take some pics so you can share them here. Have you ever gone to one yourself?

I have been to the overlook on the Beckley side, it's just a few miles from the bridge. Is there another one down river, I think when I went to the overlook someone told me there was another one but farther down river. I would love to drive down the road they use to use before the bridge was built, is it still open?

Hope you had a good visit with your mom and maybe I will make it down that way soon- Carla