kjfms

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by leubie, Dec 1, 2006.

1. leubie

leubie New Member

hey----how are you doing------my name is laura--------------i was just reading your profile-----------i LOVE the picture---------i just love it---------i hope you are feeling well----------i do not post too much---------but try to read everyday-------i always find your post informative----also love the humor!!!!!!!--------i was wondering if you had any info on the tens machine----------take care--------love to all----------laura
  2. kjfms

kjfms Member

Thank you and it is so nice to meet you. So glad you like the picture I am very proud of my home state of WV :)

I do not have any personal experience with the Tens Unit but I will tell you the person you want to give a shout out to is prickles and I am sure she will be more that willing to tell you all about it.

You can also do a search -- if I am not mistaken she has posted some useful information before. I will try to find it and give a bump up for you. Keep an eye out for it OK :)

You are very kind and I really appreciate that.

If you really like that picture you might really enjoy the pictures at WV pics or something like that just Google and it should come up they are great.

Sorry I can't be more helpful but do give prickles a shout just put her name in the title like you did mine -- she is a sweetie tell her I sent you (my name carries a has a lot of clout don't ya know -- wink, wink -- nudge, nudge)...LOL

You take care and if you need any just give me a shout hopefully next time I can really help :)

Be good to you,

Karen :)
  3. leubie

leubie New Member

thanks,thanks and aGREAT BIG THANK-YOU!!!!!!!---------gotta go do mama duties(yes he is 16)---------but still have my duties!!!!!!lol------its hard work------cooking,cleanig and then theres THE NEVER ENDING--------DIRTY CLOTHES--------any whooooo---ill check w/ prickles thanks a ton----take care-------LOVE TO ALL--------LAURA
  4. kjfms

kjfms Member

Hard work no doubt.

I could not find the post I was thiking of but do still check in with prickles.

In the mean time I did a quick search on the Internet and found some general information for you and hope it will help a little :)

Definition: "TENS" is the acronym for Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation.

A "TENS unit" is a pocket size, portable, battery-operated device that sends electrical impulses to certain parts of the body to block pain signals.

The electrical currents produced are mild, but can prevent pain messages from being transmitted to the brain and may raise the level of endorphins (natural pain killers produced by the brain).

TENS units should only be used under the direction of a doctor or physical therapist.

Electrodes are attached to the surface of the skin over or near the area where you are experiencing pain.

It is important that you learn how to:

correctly put on the electrodes
    (proper placement is important)

operate the unit

change the batteries

vary the controls and settings
    (both the frequency and voltage)

set the proper duration and intensity of the stimulation (which depends on the location and type of pain)

TENS units are prescribed for both acute pain and chronic pain conditions such as:

arthritis
    joint pain
    fibromyalgia

For some chronic pain patients, a TENS unit provides pain relief that can last for several hours.

For others, a TENS unit may help reduce the amount of pain medications needed.

Some patients hook the unit onto a belt turning it on and off as needed.

The cost of a TENS unit can range from about $100 to several hundred dollars.

TENS units can be purchased or rented.

A prescription usually is necessary for insurance reimbursement of a TENS unit.

Pronunciation:

Transcutaneous (TRANS-Q-TAIN-E-US) Electrical Nerve Stimulation Unit

Also Known As: Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation Units

Take care,

5. kjfms

kjfms Member

I am so glad you did a search you are needed on this one I have only an article to offer because I haven't any hands on experience with this.

OMG I just thought of the name of your movie "Miss Prickles and the TENS Machine"...LOL oh it almost sounds...LOL Oh My!!

eh gads I have tears -- I am laughing so hard...with you not at you sweetie.

Hey may I have your autograph?

Take care,

6. leubie

leubie New Member

yall are the BEST---------THANKS SOOOOOOOO MUCH--------i always feel better after coming to this site--------and its ALL BECAUSE OF THE KINDNESS,LOVE,SUPPORT AND HOPE OF PEOPLE JUST LIKE YALL------honestly the friends here are soooo dear to my heart-----thank you for all the great info, kind words and ongoing support----i do read both of yalls post(alot)----this place would not be the same w/out yall-----sooooo--------when you are feeling down or out of sorts-----come here and see just all who YOU BOTH HAVE MADE SUCH A HUGE IMPACT AND DIFFERENCE IN OUR LIVESthank you and geat big gentle hugs to you two----yall do make it better-----take care----------LOVE TO ALL--------LAURA
  7. kjfms

kjfms Member

Thank you and you are a very special person too and never forget that :)

Yes I love coming to this site as well it always picks me up too I am very addicted to it...LOL

Everyone and that includes you makes this board such a special place to come and get support that is so great for all of us :)

I read you Bio my, my that back has sure given you some trouble hasn't it and then I guess you have to stand to decorate the cakes which I bet are beautiful BTW. I am sorry you have to do that I am sure it is very hard for you I hope you get a lot of rest and take care of yourself.

Well you have a great weekend,

8. kjfms

kjfms Member

You know somehow I knew that would be you answer :)

Prickles you do a fantastic job with awareness and frankly I feel ashamed of myself for not doing more than I do.

I am so sorry about you posters -- what a bunch of ignorant $##@%$#& and you are right the is nothing wrong with your posters -- obviously there is something wrong with the persons who took them down.

Well maybe you could think of it as a free concert? Sorry my little attempt to make you smile :)

Hey we all feel the need to unload now and again -- feel free to unload anytime you want. I found it an interesting break from my rather boring life.

Sweetie I hope you don't mind me saying this and I am not trying to make you upset or anything OK?

Yes you do need more human contact -- we all need social interaction it is human nature. I know it's hard especially with these DDs but try striking up a conversation with someone in one of classes maybe or did I misunderstand and you were just speak of today? Hey I am still a little foggy...LOL so look over me

Don't get me wrong this board is great but we still need that social interaction you know what I mean -- humans were not meant to alone all of the time IMHO...

OK I will shut up -- for now :)

You take care Prickles,

9. leubie

leubie New Member

wouldnt be great if all the fine people on this board ( of course--------including we three!!!!!) all could live near one another----never have to worry if we look our best--------run errands for each other--------cook together-------------hey--------maybe we could start something-------a dorm---------all live together and take care of each other-----lots of human contact-----when needed!!!!!!lol--------fibro academy!!!! love yall---------LOVE TO ALL---------LAURA