Klonopin and Me

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Empower

Empower New Member

Sounds like a title of a book, right?

Anyway, believe it or not, I had a decent day today - knock on wood.

I was able to drive 1/2 to the orthodontist (yes braces at middle age) come home, putter around the house, go get my hair cut, cook dinner, take the dog for a short walk, and here I am

I still had the aches and pains, but my energy was up and I DIDN"T lay down today (highly unusual)

NOW, this happens to me ONCE every maybe 4 months!!! But, I was wracking my brains in the car thinking, "now what did I do different?" ANSWER - I took 1/4 of a Klonopin last night!

The last time a had a good day, I had also taken Klonopin the night b4

I have tried taking Klonopin on a regular basis, and it REALLY dragged me down alot

Maybe I should take it every other night or every 2 nights?

Any thoughts?

PS - I have FMS and CFS
  2. JPach007

JPach007 New Member

Funny you mention it was dragging you down when taken regularly. This is one of the only other drugs that has helped me (I switch about every 3 months and take Ambien with Mirapex) with my Restless Leg Syndrome and my FMS.
    I was up to 2 pills though each night so my Dr. switched me. I do have to say though, I am always tired. I wake up tired, I am tired all day, although I am sleeping better with the Ambien and Mirapex. I really miss laughing, and enjoying my days. I can remember when I used to be such a carefree person, and now I hurt all the time. I'm having a real tough time accepting this FMS.
  3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I had been taking Klon. for years in the AM for anxiety. I decided that I would switch things around and take it at bedtime because of my horrid sleeping. I have been sleeping better and feel a bit perkier in the AM. I think it's a good drug...has helped me. Glad you are doing better and hope that continues use will be beneficial to you both.

Sue