Klonopin and Neurontin one or the other??? MIKKI

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by judywhit, Mar 24, 2003.

1. judywhit

judywhit New Member

my brain hurts! I am in a coma at night and have kerking mini seizures. I do not sleep just in a daze most of the night. Doc has given a script for Neurontin but I was so groggy I did not take it. Miki has had so much success with the Klonopin that I might try this. What is the difference between the two???? which do you recommend for this comatose state. I just read Cheneys article and he does mention both drugs. Please help I am feeling really wiped out. Am taking ZMA 5th night but it is not doing a thing so far. Please!!!
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I have heard a lot of people who have gotten relief from either one. For some reason, some docs like Neurontin better. I think it may be a little more difficult to arrive at the proper dose on the Neurontin as people seem to build a tolerance to it over time. This isn't to say that doesn't happen with the Klonopin, but it seems that most on the Klonopin pretty much stay on the same dose over time.

Why don't you discuss this with your doc. I don't know much about Neurontin except that it is also an antispasmodic medication. A pharmacist would be able to help you with this too.

Love, Mikie