Klonopin and somnambulism???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by elaine_p, Aug 8, 2003.

1. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

I just started Klonopin on the 4th. I didn't take any the 6th 'cause I think I "overdosed" the first two nights (on only 2 .5mg tabs). I'm now taking 1-1/2 .5mg tabs at night. Anyway, two nights last week I distinctly remember getting up to use the bathroom, but when I woke up in the morning there was evidence I had not.

Can't ask my pharmacist because they're closed for the weekend. Anyone else experience this or know a good web page for me to check this stuff out?

Thanks!
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Klonopin is a drug which should be started slowly, like 1/2 of a .5 mg. tablet. You then increase it until you get restful sleep without grogginess in the morning. You should take the lowest dose which produces results. One mg. is the standard dose, but many, including me, can get by on less. Docs never tell people this and they end up feeling all drugged up and strange. It can take a bit to get used to this drug and starting out slowly helps.

Love, Mikie
  3. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

I tried 1 tab on the 7th, but it didn't seem to work as well as 2 tabs. (Well, duh, not if 2 was an "overdose".) I'll go down to one and be patient (or try :).

My doc told me to start at 2, but he didn't have time to read the aritcle before writing the scrip, and barely had time to talk to me! I miss my private practice doc!!!

Thanks again!
  4. Aeryn

Aeryn New Member

Dear Elaine,

Cannot help you but I wanted to thank you for bumping my post about gabitril. I never got an answer on it, but I decided to stop taking it just in case. I appreciate the concern your bump showed. Just wanted to say thanks.

I hope this gets worked out for you! Very weird!

Aeryn
  5. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

Well, I hesitate to take less than a full tab since I've been having such trouble sleeping the past 6 weeks. But I can guarantee if I have another "episode" I will! I'm also one of the fortunate few who doesn't seem to be sensitive to meds. But then, my doc didn't help this situation and the pharmacy didn't either.... And I suppose I could have asked....

Bek, if you want to talk about good sleep, try 2 of those babies! Within 20 minutes I was totally zonked!