Klonopin for Sleep Question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PVLady, Feb 22, 2007.

1. PVLady

PVLady New Member

If anyone is taking Klonopin for sleep can you tell me how much you take and how you are the next day.

I am so tired of Ambien and thinking of trying Klonopin. I have it but have only used it rarely for anxiety.

Thanks

2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I've been taking 1 mg. for sleep every night for years now. It allows me to get quality sleep and when it wears off, 7-8 hrs. later, I am alert and ready to go. I know every drug affects us all differently. Just wanted to say that, for me, the Klonopin has been a God send. I don't like taking a med which causes physical dependence but it is worth it to be able to sleep.

Good luck.

Love, Mikie
  3. debhun

debhun New Member

I have been on it for a few years too and it really helps me to get my rest.I am on 1 mg at night
    [This Message was Edited on 02/23/2007]
  4. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

I take 1 mg an hour before bed for 3 years and ususally get 8 to 10 hours sleep with no hangover feeling the next morning.

best wishes,

Foxglove
  5. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

I have taken between 1-2 mg per night for the past 8 years.

i always was able to sleep without it, but the sleep was not as refreshing as with the Klonopin.

I did not need to go up on the dosage over time. (The amount I have taken has varied based on the amount of agitated exhaustion I was feeling. I personally think that some brands of the generic are a bit more effective for me as well.)

I never have had the desire to take it during the day.

I inevitably have woken up more refreshed without any hangover symptoms.

All these things suggest that I have not developed any addiction or tolerance to the drug.

Since I have been herxing on an antiviral, I have found that I often have a hard time sleeping without Klonopin. This has only been going on since I started the AV though, and so I am finding it hard to blame it on Klonopin tolerance.

Best, Lisa

6. padre

padre New Member

I take 20 mg of Elavil 1 hour before bedtime and a half tab (.25 mg.) of Klonopin when I go to bed. I go right to sleep and wake up to the alarm 8 hours later. I dream like crazy and think I'd sleep a little deeper at .5 mg. of Klonopin, but why mess with something that is working.