klonopin/night sweats and tired??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by janana, Sep 14, 2003.

1. janana

janana New Member

I started Klonopin last night. Slept better, less pain today but I had nights sweats and felt hung over today. Anyone experienced this?? Thanks, Janana
  2. hope-floats

hope-floats New Member

I'm glad you are sleeping better. It's pretty common that for about a week, you'll feel slowed down, or "hung over" as you say. The Klonopin will begin reaching a therapeutic level, then you will be amazed at how wonderful you feel.

Hang in there Janana!
  3. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

Hi! I took klonopin for over two months. I felt awful, just like you are feeling now. I have found that zanaflex is better and doesn't give a hung over feeling. If you do a search for info on the internet for these drugs I think you will find that klonopin isn't always for everyone. Do your homework and don't be afraid to tell your doctor how you feel taking any drug. Take care of you!
  4. janana

janana New Member

That's what most say. So I'm thinking good thoughts. I've tried so many, super sensitive to most. Or they react the opposite of what they are suppose to. I can take alittle hangover if the trade off is better sleep and less pain!!!! Thanks!! Janana
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You didn't say how much you are taking, but many of us have found that starting out slowly and then increasing the dose cuts down on the early side effects and allows the system to adjust.

Love, Mikie
  6. janana

janana New Member

how long have you been on it? What effect did it have on you?? janana
  7. janana

janana New Member

Doc prescribed 1/2 to 1mg per night. I took a half after an hour didnt notice anything so took another half. Kicked in and I slept better than I have in along time. I took it earlier tonight so maybe I wont feel so tired tomorrow. 8 kids coming in the morn I gotta keep movin!!!Janana!! :)
  8. janana

janana New Member

took 1mg last night. was able to fall asleep easily but awoke several times. was able to get back to sleep (a first for both! ) wondering if I should up it 1/4 of a dose so I sleep straight thru the night. Had night sweats and felt warm all night. It has really helped with the pain too. I am almost afraid to say too much :) Janana