Klonopin

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Inishfree, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Inishfree

Inishfree New Member

Do all Doctors, Rhemys or Shrinks follow the same guidelines?

Antidepressents and Klonopin.

I told my Shrink I couldn't deal w/ Klonopin but we decided to keep me with it for 6 weeks. I am miserable -more tired than usual....if that is possible. When I get up in the morning I want to go back to bed. I am more depressed. He upped my Celexa to 40mg. that might be ok.

I told him I can't deal w/the fatigue and the pain just seems to rotate throughout my body all the time. I can deal with the pain most of the time I can't deal w/the fatigue. I can't complete tasks and my energy is really depleted to an hour or two in the morning.

He said to me .... FMS is something people live with everyday (I know I've been diagnosed since 1995). He said he has really serious cases of people who have strokes and cancer. This dis-ease is the Rodney Dangerfield of the medical profession. I am just about on the endge to give it up. I give up on doctors.....
  2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Did the doctor say why you on Klonopin - anxiety or insomnia?

I take a small tad of Klonopin for anxiety but I know I can not take much, it is pretty strong and does make me sleepy.

You cannot stop Klonopin without tapering off slowly, especiallly if you have been on a higher dose for a while.

When you go back to bed, do you get up later and feel ok, or are you tired 24/7?

I also feel tired in the morning and go back to bed. I am more a night person I guess. (also my stomach bothers me in the morning).

Your doctor seems to be comparing you to his other patients and feels your condition is not as serious. I don't think that is right.

You should be seen as the individual you are, not compared to others. Have you considered getting another doctor?

It is not a help to you to have a doctor who does not support you.

[This Message was Edited on 02/17/2006]
  3. Inishfree

Inishfree New Member

Thanks PV Lady,

I have anxiety. I don't even like to leave the house or drive anymore. I am 60 and have had over ten jobs in the last 10years before that I had my own Travel agency and worked for American Express. Everything fell apart after losing one job after another...so humiliating. I haven't worked for two years and would like and need to work but I am afraid of failing again.

I don't have trouble usually falling asleep I just thrash and toss/turn throughout the night.

Thanks so much for reading my message.

Good luck and God Bless.
  4. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Is it possible to do the travel agency work from home with your computer? I started my own business at home several years ago.

That might be something you could do. I could never work for someone else, and believe me, there is nothing humiliating about losing a job.

Few of us can live up to the expectations of others... I know I can't and it does not mean you are bad in any way.

I never had an employer who thought I was great, but when I started my own business, I did well.

5. redtex

redtex New Member

i had to go to 5 different doctors just to get a few klonopin. it is the only thing that leaves me refreshed in the mornings.it proves that we are all different . lunesta or ambien might work for you. good luck.
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Especially SSRI's and SNRI's, increase seizure activity in the brain which produces anxiety. Klonopin is an antiseizure med. Taking too much of it will cause one to be overly sleepy. I take it at night to get a good refreshing night's sleep. I only take it during the day 1/4 tablet at a time under the tongue to stop anxiety or sensory overload.

Taking some AD's and antiseizures is like taking uppers and downers. The more you take of one, the more you need to take of the other. Celexa is an SSRI.

Love, Mikie