klonopin

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hensue, Feb 20, 2007.

1. hensue

hensue New Member

why will a doctor not prescibe klonopin for panic attacks or anxiety? I know it is a schedule II drug. doesnt it help this a lot?

thanks
    sue
  2. 30feeling80

30feeling80 New Member

not sure why. My doc has prescribed Klonopin for my periodic limb movement/muscle jerks. I love it. Works very well for BOTH problems (muscles and anxiety...and even sleep problems.)

Are you sure you are't beginning to experience muscle spasms that keep you awake at night? ;-)
  3. twerp

twerp New Member

I've been taking Klonopin for years; couldn't cope without it. It helps with anxiety and the lightheadedness I've experienced ever since my CFS began about 6 years ago.

It's the one thing I take I would fight for if need be.

Hugs,
    Twerp
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Sue:

Some people get it from their doctors and others just do not use it. I guess it depends on the doctor.

Also any lawsuits that could be involved from addiction.

You know?

nyrofan
  5. HurtsToMove

HurtsToMove New Member

for me in the past no problem.

BTW, clonazepam is a Schedule IV drug.
  6. SleepyMama

SleepyMama New Member

But every time he has problems with other things they end up saying "Oh, should help with that too! Let's bump up his dose." Ok, a little off topic here, my son's being treated for a very different condition.
    I really hope your doc prescribes what's best for you. It's tough going through all the trial and error, especially if your doc doesn't hear/understand/accept your suggestions.