Klutzo about fresh pineapple?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tansy, Jun 23, 2003.

1. tansy

tansy New Member

I read that you take your bromelain the tasty way. Do you feel this is as efective as bromelain? I'm also wondering if fresh papaya would also do a similar job.

I'm sure my mother would benefit from this, she prefers food stuffs to supps and this way she might get my father to join in too. Unlike me she can eat pineapple.

Cheers

Tansy
  2. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I wish I could say that I think fresh pineapple would replace bromelain, but I really don't. It's just a nice extra dose, and an excuse to eat a sweet piece of fruit, since I am supposed to limit them. Papaya would also work, but I think taking a supplement with all of the enzymes at every meal is the best way to ensure adequate digestion.
    Klutzo
  3. tansy

tansy New Member

Just knowing how my parents are I felt they might be more receptive to this. They're into healthy eating, always have been, but not supps.

One of my father's favourite sayings is "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink", well this applies to him more than anyone else I know.

Cheers

Tansy
  4. Jen F

Jen F New Member

...for inflammation.

I stopped taking my bromelain pills and Wobenzyme that I just bought because of the allergic reacn i had, probably to codeine, but i eliminated all new supps for a while just in case and will slowly re introduce.

I know eating fresh pineapple and papaya don't make me break out in a buring rash over my entire body, so I've been going that way instead of the supp's for now. I think it helps a bit. but, i can't eat too much pineapple a day or I might get mouth cankers.

I figure, maybe if they eat the natural stuff, they might notice a tiny difference and maybe will be more open to supplements. What are most medicines from, really? Plants.
  5. tansy

tansy New Member

If they feel the benefits then they might go the whole hog.

Cheers

Tansy