Klutzo: can you answer a question about dr.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by emallen, Jul 2, 2003.

1. emallen

emallen New Member

I live in florida and I gathered that you do too. Can you recommend a good doctor. Just got back from disappointing visit to Mayo. Unfortunately, I am more and more convinced every day that I have FM. Mayo did do one cortisol urine test and I scored a 9.9 at 10:00 am. which seems at the low range. I am thinking of ordering the ASI test. I think I may be hypoadrenal.

Also, can you please tell me what dr. rind's website is. cant find. Thanks so much.

BTW, you sound alot like me particularly when blowing up at hubby : )
  2. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Please go up to the top of the front message board page where it says "new to the message boards, click here" and read the rules. Reading these may help prevent your making a mistake that could get you banned from the boards. I cannot give you a URL for a website or I will be kicked off this board. If you do a websearch for Dr. Bruce Rind or for "low metabolic energy", you should be able to find him. Sorry, but those are the rules, and I didn't make them.
    9.9 is definitely low enough to signal the need for further testing. If you want to order an ASI, you need Dr. Poesnecker's chronicfatigue organization website (there is a big hint in there on how to find it).
    To find a good doctor near you, find the web site of Great Smokies Laboratory and send them an e-mail asking for a list of docs who use their lab in the area you are willing to travel in. They will be glad to help out.
    I am not surprised you got nowhere at Mayo. They are strictly conventional medicine.
    If you live in Pinellas County like I do, I can give you more doctors names right here, but if not, the lab is your best bet to find good ones. You might also try a websearch for "holistic doctors" and see what you find that way, and if you live in a big city, try "holistic" in the Yellow Pages.
    Best of luck in your search,
    Klutzo
    [This Message was Edited on 07/02/2003]
  3. emallen

emallen New Member

I am new to disease and relatively new to board. Will read rules. I live about 80 miles north of pinellas and unfortunately, i am getting nowhere in my small town. I want to establish treatment as quickly as possible because I am still able to work and maintain somewhat normal life although i had to give up exercising, drinking alcohol in moderation and social life. still working. I am willing to drive to Pinellas or to Tampa. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

So frustrating not being taken seriously around here.
  4. emallen

emallen New Member

I am new to disease and relatively new to board. Will read rules. I live about 80 miles north of pinellas and unfortunately, i am getting nowhere in my small town. I want to establish treatment as quickly as possible because I am still able to work and maintain somewhat normal life although i had to give up exercising, drinking alcohol in moderation and social life. still working. I am willing to drive to Pinellas or to Tampa. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

So frustrating not being taken seriously around here.
  5. klutzo

klutzo New Member

If you are willing to drive, then you can go to the best there is, at the Wellness Works clinic in Brandon. It is run by Carol Robertss, M. D. and her two associates.
    I see Erica Bradshaw, M. D., since there is such a long wait to see Dr. Roberts.
    You can look up Carol Roberts, M. D. in a web search engine and find their website.
    Their phone number is 813-661-3662. They are great to work with, and will send you all the forms to fill out in advance as well as a map of how to find them (people come from all over the state to see them). They are only one block off SR60, so it's not complicated.
    This is a holistic clinic, so expect that your first visit will take at least 1 1/2 hrs.
    Please post and let me know how you do!
    Klutzo

P.S. Which small town are you in? We always thought we'd like to retire up by Inverness so my husband could fish every day.....dream on!
    [This Message was Edited on 07/03/2003]
  6. klutzo

klutzo New Member