Klutzo--can you help me?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TaniaF, Mar 18, 2003.

1. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

Wish I could have emailed you on this--because it may not be a problem with all on the board, or maybe it can help someone else too. I have a very sensitive stomach to foods, supplements, and anxiety. The reason I listed the anxiety is that the GI doctor said--"it's not what I'm eating--but what's eating me". Maybe he's right--but maybe not. I've been taking Prevacid daily for many years and it does help with the queasy stomach and acid. This is my problem--ACID. I feel like I have too much acid, not only in my stomach, but in my bowels too. Somedays my stools burn when having a BM. They irritate the anal skin and a hemrrhoid. Klutzo, have you ever heard of a person being so acidic that the urine and fecal matter irritate tender skin? Do you have any suggestions for me? I take a multi-vitamin, vit. E, B-complex, CoQ10, caltrate calcium/mag, and Evening Primrose Oil. I take some prescriptions (no pain killers other than Tylenol occasionally). Calan (calcium channel blocker), Singulair, Pulmicort, Allegra (for asthma and allergies) and Xanax (calms my ANS system down--dr said ANS is very senstive). The queasy stomach is crazy--some days I can eat almost anything and other days I'm on comfort food. I have to cook vegetables and fruits for them to be less acidic and easy on my tummy. Well, I'm up for any suggestions.
    Thanks a bunch,
    Tania
    BTW my profile has my ailments.

[This Message was Edited on 03/18/2003]
  2. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

3. Tattoopixie

Tattoopixie New Member

You poor kid! I know I have that burning feeling whenever I eat or drink anything w/citric acid. So I'd guess that might be a problem for you. I thought I'd read something about possible bowel trouble from too much calcium but can't remember-maybe you can do a search for it. Hope this clears up for you soon! Maybe should let Dr know you are still having these issues too!
    Peace,
    Pixie
  4. layinglow

layinglow New Member

Hi although not Klutzo---maybe I can help.
    I would suggest getting paper and checking your pH (urine and stool) to see if you actually are acidic. You should check your saliva as well.
    I have systemic acidosis....and my nephrologist has me taking a tablespoon of baking soda a day. There are medicines which have the exact same ingredients but are very costly.
    FM does cause pain in many different places ---so I would check the actuality that you are acidic before implementing any treatment. My doctor gives me pH test strips, but I have checked and they can be purchased many places online.

Best wishes, LL