KLUTZO - Does nuclear stress test show MVP?..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lau, Aug 29, 2003.

1. Lau

Lau New Member

Thanks for all the info on this in a previous post. You seem very knowlegeable about this, so I was wondering - do you know if MVP would show up in a nuclear stress test? I recently had one because of symptoms of chest pain and palpatations - normal results. Still no answer to what is happening. Do you think I should ask about echocardiogram?
    My Mom has a pace maker & other heart problems in my family.

Thanks again!
    Laurie
    [This Message was Edited on 08/29/2003]
  2. GooGooGirl

GooGooGirl New Member

I have MVP and it was diagnosed with an Echocardiogram. I also had a nuclear Stress Test but I think that was to check blood flow/blockages. I would ask for an Echo if I were you. I still have an Echo once a year to see how the MVP is doing.
  3. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I had a nuclear stress test, and no mention was made of MVP on the results, but it seems to me like it would show up.
    I have an echo every three years to make sure my leak is not getting worse. Echos are much cheaper and quicker and far less dangerous than stress tests. (There is a dramatic increase in heart attacks during the two weeks following a stress test). I guess you'll just have to ask the doctor if it would have shown up, and when you find out, please let us know!
    Sorry I could not be of more help,
    Klutzo