Klutzo - from the cancer message board

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Karrot, Sep 14, 2002.

1. Karrot

Karrot New Member

Klutzo,

I just visited the cancer board for the first time (which by the way is the most deserted board I've ever seen!) and saw your post from july something or other. Anyway, I replied there - uncertain if you ever got any answers about the AMAS test. I basically just said the following:

I actually have an AMAS test in my possession. The intials stand for Antimalignin Antibody in Serum. I got this test hoping my doc would order it. The little weiner said he didn't believe in it - wouldn't even look at the paperwork that came with the test!!! Made me so mad. So anyway, if you need to know anything else about it let me know, because I have the paperwork on it. Also, if you want to look it up still (I realize it's been a month or two) the peeps who make it are ONCOLAB. It was discovered by Drs. Samuel and Elenore Bogoch. Oh, and here's a site for you: www.AmasCancerTest.com.

Tschus,
    Karrot
  2. Karrot

Karrot New Member

Klutzo,

I just visited the cancer board for the first time (which by the way is the most deserted board I've ever seen!) and saw your post from july something or other. Anyway, I replied there - uncertain if you ever got any answers about the AMAS test. I basically just said the following:

I actually have an AMAS test in my possession. The intials stand for Antimalignin Antibody in Serum. I got this test hoping my doc would order it. The little weiner said he didn't believe in it - wouldn't even look at the paperwork that came with the test!!! Made me so mad. So anyway, if you need to know anything else about it let me know, because I have the paperwork on it. Also, if you want to look it up still (I realize it's been a month or two) the peeps who make it are ONCOLAB. It was discovered by Drs. Samuel and Elenore Bogoch. Oh, and here's a site for you: www.AmasCancerTest.com.

Tschus,
    Karrot
  3. ggks

ggks New Member

I am looking for a good cancer message board. I have a friend that has a very rare kind of cancer and would like to help her find some information for her and her doctor. Even the doctor is stumpted. Thanks. ggks
  4. klutzo

klutzo New Member

That's very nice of you. I already got the scoop on the AMAS quite awhile ago. I wanted to take it to avoid having a colonoscopy, but right now as I sit here I am in the midst of the prep for one! The GI doctor pointed out correctly, that even if AMAS works, it will only tell you when you already have cancer, while the colonoscopy will allow polyps to be found and removed BEFORE they become cancerous. Important difference, so I am going through with it tomorrow morning. I am sorry your doctor was so negative, but from the search I did on the Internet, he may be right. It seems nobody has been able to verify the original research and prove that this is worthwhile, at least nobody that I could find. Maybe you can find an alternative doctor who would order it? Is there a Naturopath in your area? Thanks again,
    Klutzo