klutzo re:sexual problems

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by alsu, Nov 30, 2002.

1. alsu

alsu New Member

Alan here.When you say correcting the testosterone level can lead to remission.to what extent do you mean regarding fms&cfs.Do you know of any imformation i could read up on this.I am very interested & hopefull.
    I have only been put on this treatment for my sexual problem
    All they said was it may help with the fms/cfs.This after 15years of this DD.
  2. alsu

alsu New Member

Alan here.When you say correcting the testosterone level can lead to remission.to what extent do you mean regarding fms&cfs.Do you know of any imformation i could read up on this.I am very interested & hopefull.
    I have only been put on this treatment for my sexual problem
    All they said was it may help with the fms/cfs.This after 15years of this DD.
  3. klutzo

klutzo New Member

My Rheumatologist had the info on this and was treating male FMS patients with injections in a very precise protocol, designed to get their testosterone levels back to normal. In some cases, it resulted in complete remission of FMS symptoms. In others, there was not much help.
    I first saw this info a long time ago, but I am pretty sure it came from Fibromyalgia Network Newsletter. I am not allowed to give the website here, even though they sell nothing but the newsletter, but I think I can give their phone number, at least nobody ever said not to. It is 1-800-853-2929. Unless my memory is completely messed up, the original info on this was published in their newsletter several yrs. ago. What you need is the actual protocol for the series of injections so you can take it to your doctor. Maybe someone at that phone number will be able to get it for you. It's worth a try.
    Good luck and please keep us posted if you try it,
    Klutzo

P.S. In case you're desperate, maybe someone at my Rheumy's office would be able to help you. The RN is named Liz, and she would probably know if this treatment is still being done, for starters. My Rheumy Is Robert W. Levin, M. D. at (727)734-6631 in Dunedin, Florida.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/30/2002]