Klutzo, you should've been a dr., (suggestions please? update)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MicheleF, Aug 30, 2002.

1. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

You were right on the money--trochanteric bursitis! Rheumy confirmed today.

You also helped me have renewed trust in my dr. (I'm still having hard time believing he's so good!)I did a search on troch. when I read your post, & he did exactly what medline recommended for dx during exam. He also did not waste my money by ordering an X-ray, CT, or bone density which he has on premises. I bought a $14 bottle of arthritis cream (works great!!!), & am to use ice packs (not heat), and up to 800mg ibuprof. as needed. He said he'd rather not do a cortisone injection (which I certainly did NOT bring up, wimp that I am), unless pain does not respond to treatment.

N/c for visit as I was there to be trained by nurse on palm pilot for fms study I'm doing. (Wasn't scheduled to see him)

Thanks also to hk, holly, totteacher, and herblady for their input. Hk, he does want me to do that exercise after a couple weeks of rest & the treatment.

So, Klutzo, what's my payment??? lol Best wishes to all.

2. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

You were right on the money--trochanteric bursitis! Rheumy confirmed today.

You also helped me have renewed trust in my dr. (I'm still having hard time believing he's so good!)I did a search on troch. when I read your post, & he did exactly what medline recommended for dx during exam. He also did not waste my money by ordering an X-ray, CT, or bone density which he has on premises. I bought a $14 bottle of arthritis cream (works great!!!), & am to use ice packs (not heat), and up to 800mg ibuprof. as needed. He said he'd rather not do a cortisone injection (which I certainly did NOT bring up, wimp that I am), unless pain does not respond to treatment.

N/c for visit as I was there to be trained by nurse on palm pilot for fms study I'm doing. (Wasn't scheduled to see him)

Thanks also to hk, holly, totteacher, and herblady for their input. Hk, he does want me to do that exercise after a couple weeks of rest & the treatment.

So, Klutzo, what's my payment??? lol Best wishes to all.

3. totteacher

totteacher New Member

hurray for Klutzo!! And hurray for you that you have a dx and can take care of that pain!! Klutzo gets an award for "best dx of the day" Best wises to you too.

Linda
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Wonder Woman around here! I have seen her hit the nail on the head more times than I can remember!

Like the old saying goes; 'When you are good, your are good!'

Shalom, Shirl
  5. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I hope you don't need that shot. I was never offered anything but the shot.
    Thanks for the compliments everyone. I am having a real hard time with depression right now and it helps to be appreciated.
    The reason I became a Social Worker instead of a doctor is simple, MATH. I never had a grade less than an A until high school when oranges and apples turned into X's and Y's and tangents and all those other scary math thingees. I became a blithering idiot...didn't have a clue. I knew I would not pass even the easiest math course in college, so I waited until the very last semester and hoped the Prof would take pity on a Graduating Senior with otherwise good grades. He did. He gave me a D----! It's sad because I LOVE science and would have preferred a career in scientific research, but that field is loaded with math.
    Thanks for letting me vent, and of course, you have already paid me, by making me feel that I am still useful despite this DD! :)
    Klutzo
  6. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

I refuse to allow you to accept as payment the truth of how useful & caring you are to so many of us on this board.

I've suffered from depression on & off for 12 yrs. now. If there's anything I can do, please let me know. Just keep coming around and we'll keep each other from falling into the "Black Hole", k?

I'll make a special note for you tomorrow in my chit chat morning message.

Gentle hugs and thanks again. The cream is still working quite well, would be better if I could take it more than 4 times a day though!! lol Take care. Michele

7. Suze

Suze New Member

......one of whom is a world-renowned neuro-cardio-pulmo-ortho surgeon who prefers to remain anonymous.

The second is the mild-mannered Florida housewife.

We haven't figured out who the third one is yet, but I've heard rumors about a blues singer who was real famous in the seventies....

Suze
  8. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I could die happy if you had been correct about that last part. I wouldn't have to be famous, just be good enough to make a living at it, and not so very allergic to cigarette smoke. Can you imagine a blues singer who's allergic to smoke? What a joke!
    As for the "mild-mannered Florida housewife".....first one of my neighbors sees the inside of my house for the first time and calls me Martha Stewart, and now you are calling me "mild-mannered". As an aging hippie-radical type, I will never be able to live this down! Next I'll be wearing business suits and nylons...Aaargh!

To Michele - I will check out the chat board for your message as soon as we get home from church. Thanks!
    Klutzo
    [This Message was Edited on 08/31/2002]