KLUTZO

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by karen55, Feb 13, 2003.

1. karen55

karen55 New Member

How much do you actually know about the HGH injections? All I know is what I've read in the last few weeks, and I've read that the stuff is linked to cancers. Do you have any info you could share with me? The (possible) cancer risk, plus the cost are reasons I don't want to start that, if it's indicated.
    And since we're on this subject, I have a question:
    If this IGF-1 hormone is produced during REM sleep, and you haven't really gotten much (or any) REM sleep for a number of years, is that what causes your pituitary gland to stop producing or not produce enough of it, even after you start getting quality sleep?? And if you start getting fairly regular quality sleep, could it start producing it on it's own?? This is all so deep and overwhelming!

Karen

2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Dear Karen,

Many of us with these illnesses test low on growth hormone. It is produced during deep sleep and exercise, neither of which we get enough.

Yes, with the injections, there is a danger of feeding any cancer cells in the body. That is why it is so important to have a good doc who is very experienced in this treatment if one decides to use it. The stimulants carry none of this risk. I was upset when I read the list of ingredients of the IGF-1 sublingual spray as it contains botanical material. Now, that's fine for anyone not on the Guai treatment, but I will not be able to use it. I wish the manufacturers would resist the urge to add things to their supplements.

Love, Mikie
  3. karen55

karen55 New Member

I am so confused with this stuff! Now, is what you are speaking of the same thing you posted you were going to take on the previous topic? (IGF1 Max ??)

I know so little about this test I'm supposed to have. I realize it's to see if the pituitary gland can be stimulated into producing this hormone, but if a person were to start getting better sleep, would it not do that on it's own?? Or is that whole problem, that it just stops working, period, and you have to take injections or SOMEthing in order to get the hormone at all??

(ever feel like you're stuck in a whirlpool of confusion vs information with all this stuff?!?)

Karen
  4. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Please see my answer to you under the previous post, and try to take a few deep breaths.....it will all work out.
    Hugs, Klutzo
  5. karen55

karen55 New Member

Thanks for your response. This testing I am supposed to have done was, according to my doc, supposed to have been done by Eli Lilly free of charge. Some other place contacted me though. I'm trying to get in touch with my doc's office to find out what's up with this.

I'm opposed to starting those injections for many reasons, and one of them is that my company is currently looking into switching health insurance providers in the next year, and my rates are sky high as it is; I think it's a crime that so many people cannot even get insurance, and those of us who do have to worry about the dollar amounts of their claims paid out, can barely afford the premiums, and are denied coverage of treatments based on the cost. I was told this stimulation test is $900.

I wonder what the chances are that my pit. gland *can* be stimulated???? I would much prefer that my body work *on it's own*, but then, wouldn't we all?

Karen
  6. karen55

karen55 New Member

for Klutzo...........
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm sorry I do not know the answers to your questions, but I think they are excellent and you should ask your doc. It's obvious that I am able to produce some Hgh, but I've never had it tested and don't know whether it's still low. I'm seeing a new doc and plan to ask him about this.

Please let us know what your doc says.

Love, Mikie