kmelodyg-Re:Vaginal Spasms/Painful Intercourse

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Frackie11382, Apr 7, 2003.

1. Frackie11382

Frackie11382 New Member

Kathryn,

I will try to be as specific as I can without being too graphic. See, sometimes when my boyfriend and I have sex, I get tears in my eyes when he first inserts b/c it is so painful. He knows about the pain and tries to be very gentle, but the pain is still there from insertion. It's not back near my cervix-more around the opening and just a little inside. I mean, losing my viriginty didn't hurt as bad as this does! LOL. This pain usually goes away after 2 or 3 thrusts, but the annoying thing is that I have no explanation for it! We've been together for a while, and I am EXTREMELY at ease with him in all respects (I even lost my virginity to him). We are VERY close and talk about everything openly. And it's not his size; he's about average. He's not even rough with me in any way. But the pain is more severe at some times compared to others, and it doesn't happen every time we have sex.

The vaginal spasms, in the other hand, don't go away so easily. They hit unexpectedly throughout the month, but get 10X worse the week before my period. These feel more like all the muscles in my vagina simulatneously contract. They hurt so bad that I can't walk for at least 5 minutes! If I'm driving, I have to pull over b/c I can't move my legs b/c of the pain I'm experiencing. With these spasms, sex doesn't make it any worse or any better. I really love my boyfriend, and I want to be able to be intimate with him, but this stuff is getting worse. It is honestly scaring me b/c I'm only 20! I have talked to my doc about the spasms and he gave me skelaxin for when they get really bad, but I don't take them all the time. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Friends in Fibro,

~~Tara~~
  2. abjessop

abjessop New Member

Hi Tara,
    I used to have the pain you are describing upon intercourse, mostly upon initial penetration. Would alsoo be sore for a day or 2 after, usually had to refuse more sex. Too often, sex was something I just did for my husband.

Sometimes I'd get visible sores just inside my vagina that baffled my dr - she said it looked like i'd recently given birth.

I also had chronic yeast infections, at least 1x month. When I finally got rid of those, I was amazed when ALL the pain, sores etc. went away.

So, at least to rule things out, I'd suggest getting a culture done for yeast, or if you already know you have it, treating yourself.

for me, treatment was Canesten plus acidophilus/other plus Diflucan (any one of above wasn't enough). Now, Ihaven't had an infection in about 4 months!

I've never had the spasms.

Good luck,
    Abby

3. kmelodyg

kmelodyg New Member

Tara,

I know how frustrating all of that can be. It really does sound like problems with yeast. I used to have yeast infections all the time, and had the same problem with pain upon insertion on the outside and first few inches of the vagina. Even if you do not have any itching, you may still have yeast growths. This is just one of the many possibilities it could be. I am only speaking from my experience. A couple of suggestions are to make sure that you and your boyfriend shower or wash your intimate areas before having sex. Any bacteria can cause this to happen. Also I eat alot of yogurt and take acidopholis vitamins regularly. It also can help with intestinal health as well! You can buy them at any drug store. Make sure that you address this with your doctor and get checked out. Do you use condoms? Mabye you could have allergic reactions to latex.

Do your spasms feel like strong menstral cramps? I get random cramping all month long. it may be endometriosis as well. I am not a doctor, so the best thing to do is check with them. I hope that I helped you in some way.

My vaginal pain has definatly caused me to have bad feelings about sex. And that is not how I want to feel about it. Because mosy of the time, it can be a wonderful and enjoyable thing!! Our bodies are strange and mysterious things sometimes. We can sometimes even baffle our doctors. I have had so many already who cannot figure out why I have pain, and pretty much dismiss it to being repressed emotions about abuse that I cannot remember. But i refuse to believe that.

Let me know how your search goes. I wish that I had an exact answer for you. I will be here for you to talk to if you need it. Take care hon!

Kathryn
  4. Frackie11382

Frackie11382 New Member

Thanks for the info, I will definitely look into getting a yeast culture done. I kind of doubt it will be something that simple! lol. Again, thank you for the advice. It's nice to know I'm not alone in this.

Friends in Fibro,

~~Tara~~