Knee pain related to FM?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by coogrrr, Mar 20, 2006.

1. coogrrr

coogrrr New Member

I have so many things i want to ask about but I will limit my questions daily. I have had FM since 1997 and many symptoms along with that.

I did break my left Fib/Tib both. They didnt catch the injury at that time it was a few weeks later with an MRI and the bone growth had already started and the displaced structure of the bone was done.

Now I have pain in that knee daily. I see where people on the message board have said they needed a cane etc etc. My question is can FM make the pain worse and more often? or is this knee pain strictly due to the injury in 2001?

I will be getting a brace for it very soon I just want to know if I should address it within FM or not?

Coogrrr
    P.S. thanks in advance for any information.
  2. CarolK

CarolK New Member

Well in your case you could be suffering a "double whammy" with the knee injury.

I've had no knee injury and both my knees hurt a great deal! I do not have arthritus, so I can only assume that the knee pain is from the FM.

My hips hurt, my ankels hurt and just about everyother joint hurts too. This is all FM.

So I guess what I am saying is that you should bring it up to your FM doctor and see if there is anything he/she can do to help with the joint pain.

I wish you well on your journey to find adequate pain relief... like so many here, I have found very little pain relief help from ANY of my doctors!

Hope you find the pain relief you deserve! Blessings to you .... CarolK

PS... you might want to add a supplement to your diet that is for joints... ie gluco./chondroitin or some other joint support product.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/20/2006]
  3. RockiAZ

RockiAZ New Member

Want to welcome you first of all!

For me, prior injuries have become worse, but I have not been told it's actually due to my FM/CFIDS or not. It's hard to get up and down sometimes and I'm only 45! (you can read my bio for more details). Colder weather makes it worse, but there is no rhyme or reason how long or how painful it will be on any given day.

Hope the brace helps you!

Live, Laugh, Love,
    Rocki
  4. coogrrr

coogrrr New Member

I am going to write my bio. I am only 35 and suffer real bad from joint pain. Getting up and down is murder! The condroitin is a big baduh I dont know why i didnt think of that. *check* added to list! Thank you for the reminder.

I am just in a real bad way with that knee so I am moving on to a knee brace and didnt want to if I could help it with something else. Yes, I exercise but at times I fear i make it worse hence the brace.

Good luck to everyone and I will read daily, Nearly in tears having found this board!
  5. CarolK

CarolK New Member

I meant to say that in my post above. I take it you're new to this board. I've been coming here since 2002 and this board has been such an oasis for me... as well as many others. A real life-line on those days when you just feel overwhelmed with it all!!

Lots of great people here willing to help, console and just offer sound advice... at all hours of the day or night. Sometimes the help here is better than any doctor can give.

And if you just need a "cyber-hug" to get you through the day, well this is the right place to come and get it!

Be sure you make use of the the library of excellent articles and you can also do a word search here to find out what others have said in the past about any given subject!

Lots of love here, humor, understanding and great tips and advice on helping to cope with "life with FM/CFS". Great medical articles and just about anything you might want to know about various drug and vit. supplement therepies.

So please accept my warm welcome and I hope you will be with us for a long time. Feel free to post any question and even bring up "OT... off topic" subjects as many do.

Also there is a "Worship Board" here where you can post a prayer request if you so desire... and Thursday evenings there is a general prayer group that prays for everyone here.

All in all I am sure you will find a very positive experience here. And you will also learn new things about FM and new ways to cope... new ways to address the medical community etc.

Blessings to you Coogrrr and a very WARM WELCOME!! CAROLK
  6. CarolK

CarolK New Member