Knee Pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sunshyne1027, Oct 6, 2002.

1. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

Sorry havent been around to post in the last few days. Not feeling well. Have had problems with my left knee for a month and a half,and its getting worse and worse. The pain has gotton to me. I told my regular doc about it,and he things its tendonitis. Unbelievable. I think its more. Its becoming harder to walk now.

I am really bummed out,because the new job I started, just a few weeks ago, I quit it on Friday. The job, and the flares and fibro,I couldnt handle it anymore.

Looking for another job next week, not sure if its wise to do that right now though. But I really need the money right now.

2. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

Sorry havent been around to post in the last few days. Not feeling well. Have had problems with my left knee for a month and a half,and its getting worse and worse. The pain has gotton to me. I told my regular doc about it,and he things its tendonitis. Unbelievable. I think its more. Its becoming harder to walk now.

I am really bummed out,because the new job I started, just a few weeks ago, I quit it on Friday. The job, and the flares and fibro,I couldnt handle it anymore.

Looking for another job next week, not sure if its wise to do that right now though. But I really need the money right now.

3. glowghost

glowghost New Member

Dear Sunshine,
    I'm new here just today. I posted but I guess my question(s) are a bit complex for a simple reply. BUT I read your post and thought maybe I might have some insight. (Do you know where I can learn to decipher these cute icons?)Moving along. The severe knee pain I have started 13 years ago and after much testing etc. I was told I had patello-femoral syndrome (which you may or may not have.) Have you seen a rheumy about it? What are some of your symptoms? We can discuss from there.
    Glowghost
  4. granmama

granmama New Member

I started having knee pain about 3 months ago. When I bend them they grind/squeak like noise and I feel the muscle strength has decreased. Sometimes, they will try to give out going down my front steps.
    Before these symptoms, they would just ache on bad weather days, pretty much like the rest of my body from the Fibro.

But, I feel too there is something else going on, possibly arthritis?
    Both my older sisters have osteoarthritis in their knees. One walks with a cane or sometimes needs a wheelchair and her doctor has recommended knee replacement. But, she is the breadwinner in her family, so that is not an option at present. They both are on Vioxx.
    I have not had mine x-rayed yet, but I am going to request it on my next visit to the primary. I take Lodine and if I run out, the pain does get worse.
    I don't know if this has ever been asked or addressed, can Fibro accelerate the development of arthritis?

My husband's hands have been hurting him for a few months and he just had them xrayed. Results were: Advanced Degenerative Arthritis, and he is only 46. Doc put him on Celebrex 200mg, but he has not seen any improvement.

Do your knees make any noise when you bend them?
    Are you on any anti-inflammatories?

I wish you well and good luck with the job hunting.
    granmama
  5. motg

motg New Member

I have pain in left knee. I fell about 8 years ago and just the last few months it has started to hurt so bad sometimes I can't even move it.
    Barb
  6. jeanann

jeanann New Member

severe knee pain that it hurts me to sit down, get up, go down the stairs. Pain meds don't work on this pain. Have not discussed with doc yet. What do others think?
    love ya jean ann
  7. dlizard

dlizard New Member

I saw 6 orthopedic docs and not a one of em could ever figure out anything about the knee.... (scary huh) but they would drain it and get as much as a soft drink can of fluid from time to time... Then one day ya'll.... it just quit hurting!!!! It hurt so bad I couldn't bend it to get into the shower.... for FIVE YEARS>>>>>> then boom... gone! I hope yours will spontaneously leave you as well...... Good luck!