knee replacement

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DragonBall, Sep 12, 2003.

1. DragonBall

DragonBall New Member

i saw my doctor today and he asked me if i would consider this surgery,i take loads of painkillers and ive become immune to them.what do others think on the board,and has anyone had it?thank you deb.
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I have never had any surgery, but you post in drifting to the back of the board, so this is a 'bump', I do know that others here have had this done, as well as hip replacements too.

HOpefully someone will be here this evening to give you some advice.

Good luck lady.....................

Shalom, Shirl
  3. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

I haven't had this surgery, wish you well.
  4. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

if your knee gets bad enough and you cannot walk,then you need to have it replaced.I will eventually have to have both of mine replaced,but I will fight it to the end.I saw my mom get one of hers replaced and it was VERY painful and she now refuses to get her 2nd one done.Alot of people do have wonderful results though.
  5. DragonBall

DragonBall New Member

thanks shirl,and everyone else,i dont know what to do,but theres no immidiate rush,the doc has given me a month on these different painkillers,and then we will decide.he has also mentioned steroid injections in my knee,anybody know anything about these!
  6. DragonBall

DragonBall New Member

feel lousy just getting over bad cold ,had it 3 weeks! those other tabs were no good!im on waiting list for op,im just bloody fed up with constant knee pain and restless nights.oh well got to look after my 6 year old girl,shes got a sre throat and high temp!lol deb.
  7. DragonBall

DragonBall New Member

i feel lousy and my daughter has been up all night,coughing up cattarh,being sick,sore throat,isent it awful when u cant help them,other than liquid paracetamol,shes at the doctors now.

[ advertisement ]