Knee Swollen

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Charleen, May 24, 2006.

1. Charleen

Charleen New Member

Has anyone ever had a knee or other joint swell. I need to know how to get the swelling down have tried ice and heat. I did the 20 minutes of heat and 20 minutes of ice. I am at a loss. I do not want to go to the doctor, was just there last week.

Will try just about anything have a motorcycle ride for cancer this weekend and can't even ride on the back of a bike.
    Thanks Charleen
  2. kalina

kalina New Member

Bumpin' for Charleen
  3. thirkmom

thirkmom New Member

My knees have been swollen every day for 7 or 8 years. My knees have osteoarthritis and I've had torn miniscus repairs on both of them. They ache so bad that between them and the FM I can hardly stand it. I'd like to tell you I get relief from something but I don't. I do the heat and the ice. I use Lidoderm patches on my knees which will take the edge off of the pain sometimes. Try elevating your feet and take some Ibuprofen or other anti-inflammatory. One or two will not take care of it but you might get some relief after time. Watch your stomach though as the anti-inflammatories are rough on your stomach and can cause some bleeding.

If your knees seem have to have a pocket of fluid, that can be drawn off to get the swelling down and the pressure off of the nerves.

Your best bet would be to elevate your legs and stay off of your feet as much as possible for the next couple of days and stay out of the heat. Good luck sweetie. It's not like we don't have enough to deal with already. LuAnn