Knees are hurting really bad!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Aug 13, 2003.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I don't know what to do about this thing with my knee's. The right knee has been scoped 3x and now when I walk it catches , feels like something is pulling, sharp intense pain, almost like the knee has locked. When this intense pain hits I can't move or I will fall , my knee is slightly bent and can't bear any wieght on it . Then tonight I get this deep stingging feeling you know like you have a sratch and your cleaning it with soap and water it stings right well this stings deep under the knee cap. I don't know what ot do with my old knees. the right knee above the knee cap is always sollen and if I touch the right out side part of the knee ouch it hurts just to touch it I tried massaging it last night and that was not a good thing to do because it hurts so much now . So here I am a 47 yr old woman with 95 year old knees .And a husband who wants a divorce ,and sell the house in which I live , I have no job and don't qulifiy for medicaid because my name is on the house papers. Husband has never paid any medical bills and gets really pissed about them well me running them up .So Here I sit between a rock and a hard spot in limbo because husband has not filed the divorce papers ( he left so he gets to file and then I can tell the judge that he left me knowing that I have several chronic pain disorders and disabilies) Some how I don't think the judge will like that. So I just wait in pain and pray that I don't fall apart and the pain does not get any worse. Well I am off to bed now Rosemarie
  2. Takesha

Takesha New Member

Gosh, I'm sorry to hear things are so rough for you right now. I hope you have family close by and friends to talk to.If not, we're here. I have some knee problems, actually doc says it's a degenerative joint disease, I don't know which one. It's not nearly as bad as what your going thru though. Anyway, I have a sock filled with rice, and warm it in the microwave and wrap it around my knees. Sure makes them feel better. I think some of the others here use dry peas also. I hope this helps some. Sweet Dreams.
    Takesha
  3. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

Hi Rosemari,
    I`ve been reading a book on water by Dr F Batmanghelidj.
    In it he states (dehydration) - not drinking water long term in itself will cause untold problems, including those of the joints, knees are particularly affected due to the amount of use.

The body needs water to help with the self healing & ongoing replacement of the body & it`s parts.

Tea, Coffee, Fizzy & diet drinks do not count as water.

Arthritis becomes Osteoarthritis when the connective jelly like substance has failed to regenerate itself and no longer exists due to years of dehydration.

The only advice I can offer is that you gradually increase your water intake to 6 - 8 glasses of water with a pinch of unrefined Sea or Rock Salt daily.

Also:-
    *Cellfood* carry a product (SAM-e =$49.95) in liquid drops which promote "emotional well being" and "joint health" . It`s involved in making glutathione - the building blocks for cartlidge.

I`m so sorry you`re having such a hard time right now, wish I was able to help - but hope this bit of info helps you.

Love Pat.