Knees swelling-part of fms??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by VickyB, Feb 25, 2003.

1. VickyB

VickyB New Member

I have had swelling and pain, just below the knees on the front inside part of leg. Is this part of fms or something else??

Thanks, Vicky
  2. kadywill

kadywill New Member

I have this, too.
    Kady
  3. VickyB

VickyB New Member

Hi Kady! Thanks for the reply. Have you been to doctor for this?? I do not know whether to bother my doctor about it or is it just another symptom of fms to endure. The other night, I could not sleep because of the pain in my knees. I just started having this symptom the last couple of months.
    Vicky
  4. samjenkin

samjenkin New Member

They didn't swell but they got really sore, especially my right one and I have gone on to develop arthritis in it. I use a combination of eucalyptus, ginger and rosemary essential oils in a base oil for massage and when it gets really bad, I soak a bandage pad in this and bandage it onto my knee overnight. Helps everytime. Gentle stretching also helps.

Regards

Sam
  5. lmn

lmn New Member

Interesting though, I developed the swelling and pain in my knees first, then was diagnosed with FMS. I had fluid drained from both knees, then was prescribed Celebrex even though I don't have arthritis. The Celebrex works wonders on the knees - no pain or immflamation at all - but does nothing for any of my other joints/muscles.
    I have an appt. with a new rheumatologist next month. I'm hoping she can prescribe something natural to replace the Celebrex as I know it's not good for long term use. I'll keep you posted.
    lmn
  6. LauraLea

LauraLea New Member

is that swelling is NOT part of FM, but having said that My inflamation levels are always high. My doctor says it's not part of the FM but can't explain it.
  7. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

My knees really hurt a lot. I can`t figure out why either, except it must be from the fm. They don`t really seem be swellen or have fluid on them. But they sure hurt like hell!