knots in back of legs back

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by clueless, Aug 28, 2006.

1. clueless

clueless New Member

I haven`t posted in a long time due to cancer + removal of kidney,bladder, ovaries etc.My question is bunches in back of legs etc. It feels like a string of beads up the back of my legs + now I`m getting bunches along my spine. Does anyone else have this problem? Maybe this has been discussed many times as I have1nt been able to be on-line. Thank you!! Clueless

2. dannybex

dannybex Member

The book about trigger point therapy would be a good idea. However you should discuss it with your doctors -- it could have something to do with having all those organs removed, esp., the kidney???

d.
  3. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

I suffer from chronic myofascial pain and get horrendous (sp?) painful knots in my muscles. I also bought the trigger point therapy manual listed above, but found an even better book: Winner's Guide to Pain Relief by Hal Blatman, MD. If you google Hal Blatman, MD, it will take you to the site to order the book. It lists all the common trigger point areas, shows how to roll on the tennis ball on the trigger points, and shows the special stretches to perform after rolling on the tennis ball. It has great illustrations and maps of all the common painful trigger points. I find it most helpful.
    Best of luck,
    Mini4Me