Know a Good Lawyer

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by havinfun, Aug 29, 2002.

1. havinfun

havinfun New Member

I'm now part of the group who has filed for disability both SSDI and private LTD. My first denial came from the private LTD insurer. I haven't heard from SS yet but rom what I'm reding that'll be a denail too. I've been yelling at my husband for two days now and he's running out of patience with me. I think I might go back to smoking.

In reading the posts here it appears there are some states where it's easier to get a claim approved. Does anyone know which state those are? What the procedure is to file in a different state.

Also, does anyone know of a good lawyer who handles PRIVATE disabbility insurance denials? Apparently that requires a different process with ERISA and those lawyers charge 1/3 of ALL recovery. Whew but that's still better then worrying about where any mponey will come from.
  2. havinfun

havinfun New Member

I'm now part of the group who has filed for disability both SSDI and private LTD. My first denial came from the private LTD insurer. I haven't heard from SS yet but rom what I'm reding that'll be a denail too. I've been yelling at my husband for two days now and he's running out of patience with me. I think I might go back to smoking.

In reading the posts here it appears there are some states where it's easier to get a claim approved. Does anyone know which state those are? What the procedure is to file in a different state.

Also, does anyone know of a good lawyer who handles PRIVATE disabbility insurance denials? Apparently that requires a different process with ERISA and those lawyers charge 1/3 of ALL recovery. Whew but that's still better then worrying about where any mponey will come from.
  3. cpalance

cpalance New Member

are you from? I am going to try and apply for SSDI in Texas which I hear is the toughest state to get it from. I am with you, I would like to know what the procedure would be for filing in a diffrent state. Hope you get some replies. I am also curious.

Good Luck

Cindy P
  4. havinfun

havinfun New Member

I live in a half horse town 90 miles north of Tampa Florida. Funny you say Texas is the worst. I've heard the same about Florida.