Know any vitamins or herbs to help heal cuts?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kaths, Aug 17, 2003.

1. kaths

kaths New Member

I can't walk and talk at the same time. Last night my husband and I were wandering through half-completed new houses in our neighborhood. Coming down bannister-less stairs holding a flashlight, I slipped, bounced down about four steps and then fell headfirst down the last eight onto concrete. You should see the gashes on my forehead, the bridge of my nose and in my hairline!

I, of course, have put neosporin on the cuts and arnica gel on the huge bruises on my behind, but I heal so slowly these days. My body spends so much time fighting the bacteria and viruses within that a slight cat scatch takes a month to disappear. I can hide the two-inch forehead cut with my bangs, but it's really hard to put a band-aid across my nose's bridge.

Any ideas on how to speed up the healing process?

Thanks,
    Kathy
    [This Message was Edited on 08/17/2003]
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Use Natural Vitamin E on those cuts and the bruises too. It is a wonderful healer. Just pop a capsule and apply it. It will stop you from getting a scar as well.

So sorry you took a fall, that hurts to say the least.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. kaths

kaths New Member

I'll try both of those. I appreciate your kind thoughts. I feel like such a klutz.

Kathy
  4. patchwork

patchwork New Member

Better not give you any matches at your house warming!!
    Yes, Aloe vera is wonderful for promoting healing - straight from the plant is best!
    Do you know why you heal slowly?? I think both diabetes and hypothyroidism can cause it......
    Good luck! Patchworkxxxx
  5. Iggy_RN

Iggy_RN New Member

is used by plastic surgeons , you can get a doc to give you a script for it, excellent stuff, its sold OTC in europe, it almost eliminates bruises overnite too! Iggy
  6. stillafreemind

stillafreemind New Member

first hydrogen peroxide. Then .. especially if you are a slow healer..put honey or sugar on the wound.

I also use tea tree oil .. seems to heal things up quickly while keeping germs down. But you must keep it out of your eyes!

Hope you are feeling better soon..that is such a jolt when that happens! .... Sherry
  7. Aeryn

Aeryn New Member

Keep a vial of 200C Arnica in the house at all times. Pop those in under the tongue and you will get better double time. It has always worked for me (so far anyway!)
  8. wle

wle New Member

Tea Tree Oil too. Use it for everything. Even use tea tree oil shampoos and soaps. WLE
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I can't add a single thing to help cuts heal, but your whole body suffered quite a trauma, so be sure to rest a lot to try to stave off a flare from this.

I hope you are feeling better.

Love, Mikie
  10. monicacat

monicacat Member

Honey is supposed to be great for healing but it has to be raw, you can get it at the health food store.

Monicacat
  11. averilpam

averilpam New Member

see if you can get it in cream or ointment, it's great for cuts. Hypericum is good for deep wounds and heals them quickly.
    You should get it the same place as will sell the homeopathic arnica to take orally. (Arnica 30 will do fine, just take a few doses.)
    hope you feel better soon,
    love pam xx