Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by harmony21, Jun 1, 2008.

1. harmony21

harmony21 New Member

Here Iam again/still, have been on the board less and less of late, am just to exhausted and empty not to mention confused!!!!!

Just have a look on the posts to be viewed, how many different things are covered. Am so sick of this FM, the pain, the robbing of the life I once had full of energy then at second thoughts its probably better i no longer live that way!!!!!

Am feelong low, confused, tired, angry and so forth

Sorry for the moaning yet again, I seriously dont know how some of you do it!!!!

angel hugs and many smiles

2. jmq

jmq New Member

Love the need to explain. I have missed seeing your posts. You are always around when I need ya. Please do not hesitate to moan and groan along with us. There are many many weeks that I can barely read the posts...never mind understand and contribute any thing. Its is just comforting to know I am not alone or crazy in my misery.
    Are you in a major flare? Depression? Both? Is there anything any of us can help you with?

Not much is new with me. I am still trying to get my SSDI. Been denied twice and now one of my two doctors does not want to fill out any more disabilty forms for me. It was a phone message...hopefully when I make an appt to meet with her, she will be kinder. My pain has been bad but tolerable however the fatigue is still horrible. My brain seems fried from all the drugs I have to take to function.

It is amazing that we all keep going... hang in there and know you are cared about here.

3. mindyandy420

mindyandy420 New Member

because of all the support. I always think that I am alone because I know nobody who is going thru what I am going thru (not even doctors understand). So I can always come here and get a shoulder to lean on.
  4. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

I am so sorry to hear that things are especially tough right now. I can certainly relate. This DD never gets any easier to deal with does it??

I am quite sure that many of you do it just like you, I have to take it day by day...sometimes minute by minute.

I will keep you in my prayers and I hope things are at least a little better for you soon!

(((gentle hugs)))
  5. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

I completely understand how you feel. Hope you get some better hours/days soon.

6. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

I am SO sorry to read how you are feeling, but I'm glad you posted here...where we all understand.

Moan all you want! cry with us too...I know I have many times.

I will keep you in my prayers along with my other fellow sufferers. I'm sending a soft gentle BIG HUG your way!

7. sydneysider

sydneysider Member

Sorry you are feeling so low.

I just wanted to offer my understanding.
    This disease is so incredably hard. Who would ever know what we go through?

Anyhow, hope you get some improvement soon.
    My thoughts are with you.

8. harmony21

harmony21 New Member

I thank you all for the understanding, support, hugs and love

I get particularly low when friends mind you say " are you sure it isnt rheumatism, I heard someone say today they have the same symptoms as YOU!!!!

You begin to doubt yourself and think why cant I work when others seem to

Even my son was saying I just hang around the house doing nothing!!!! he doesnt understand

I find it so very difficult having to explain and thank God for this site and all you for, unfortunately, sharing and sitting in the same boat

love, smiles and many hugs to you all

9. CKater

CKater New Member

I know exactly how you are feeling. After a particularly bad flare I have finally had to take a medical leave of absence from my job. I am in so much pain, constantly feeling sick, and so foggy from all of the drugs that I just could not continue any longer. I am tired of doctors-I recently tried a new GP, trying to get a new perspective. Rheumatologists locally have told me that my GP is doing the same things that they would, and basically why spend the extra money. Plus there aren't that many available in my immediate area. Anyway, this new doc who was very nice was at least honest and told me straight out that while he has patients with FM CFS, he doesn't really know very much about treatment strategies etc, as he put it, "I'm a GP". Anyway, the pain and fatigue have finally gotten the best of me physically and emotionally and I am really at one of my lowest points. I have an incredibly supportive husband, but I feel as though I am abandoning him as I am in bed so much. My family is supportive, but they do not understand and still think I can do anything and be the person I once was. Some days I am so sad I don't know what to do. Then there are my coworkers and my employer who do not have a clue and would show more compassion for someone who took time off from work to go get dried out than for someone who is in a chronic state of pain (it happened!). And so here I am at home, sleeping and feeling miserable and when I can on the internet searching for ways to help me through this and to find better ways of coping. I always come back to this board. You all are such incredibly strong people and your posts do help me. Sorry this is so long, Connie my original thought still is that I do understand how you feel, and I hope with the support of these wonderful people we can both "pull through"....hugs :)
  10. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I'm so sorry you're feeling so low. FM really attacks our souls doesn't it.

I see you've only been diagnosed for a year. I was diagnosed 4 years ago and I must admit, the acceptance of this condition has come a long way. I was very angry and emotional for the first couple of years and very resentful that I had to give up or modify my way of life.

Now, I don't think in terms of my previous life and what I can't do, but more the present and what I can. I've found a balance between medication and supplements that allows me to function fairly well on a daily basis. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't have pain, but the degrees of it are much more controlled.

You have a lovely picture of your husband and yourself. I married the love of my life (second marriage) in 1998. We just celebrated our 10th anniversary. I never knew you could have so much happiness with another human being outside of your children. We have a good life even with all our issues (he has plenty of health woes too).

Chin up Connie. Things will get better.

My thoughts are with you.

11. harmony21

harmony21 New Member

ckater, thanks for the understanding and yes its hard to get the response of those around us, I still cringe when those who havnt seen me for a while say OH you are lookin so well BUT when I look in the mirror the image isnt the same

Maybe they are being polite but its very frustrating

I see you have a stressful job I did too and I finally had to give it up after being on sick leave for 12 months, self permission is so important, you are blessed your husband is supportive as is mine

Hang in there darlin and listen to your body

Canbrit thank you too for your kind words and yes i too married my soul mate, second marriage he is just wonderful
    we are truly blessed

angel hugs and miles of smiles to you both

12. CKater

CKater New Member

Thanks Connie, I hope you'll feel better too. I made an appointment at a Pain Management Clinic and will go on the 17th. I am always hopeful, but these days that hopes hard to come by. I know I'm sleeping too much, but it's the only time I don't hurt. Good luck to you dear.
  13. poets

poets Member

And everyone reading this post....I know we all have a lot of days where we just feel like "throwing in the towel," so to speak. The winter seemed so long, yet summers are hard too because people are getting out and going places and doing things, and I feel too bad to even go outside. Today has been a very painful day for me as well.

Some days you just want to curl up under the covers in a ball and shut everything out. I've never minded when someone on the board complains, because I always feel as though there's someone else out there going through what I am and I'm not alone.

Hugs to all of you,

P.S. Not that I'm glad anyone has to contend with this![This Message was Edited on 06/07/2008]
  14. harmony21

harmony21 New Member

take care all and hang in there.......

angel hugs and blessings