know of any pain meds that won't put you to sleep?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dani78xo, Oct 30, 2006.

1. dani78xo

dani78xo New Member

does anyone know of any non drowsy pain meds that are stronger than celebrex or advil? i need to get something for the pain, but i don't want something (like vicodin) that makes me sleep a lot and wake up feeling worse.

any suggestions?

thanks,
    Danielle
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i take excedrin migraine when i need it. i have bad reaction to meds. vicodin i am allergic too, as well as ultram.

dani. try klonopin first. then maybe some lodine anti-imflamatories.

i can not take certains also because i will not be able to concentrate even more to make it through a class.

jodie
  3. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

the med depends on the person taking it. I take Vicodin and Percocet for pain and they don't make me sleepy at all or feel bad afterwards.

Pain meds are one of those that affect us all differently...you will probably just have to try a few to see what works for you.
  4. jessica0123

jessica0123 New Member

Hi
    I take Oxycotinand Ultram, I do not get doppy or sleepy from those. I agree with everyone else, the drugs work differently sometimes for evryone. I have tried so many over the years and switched countless of times. I also wore pain patches and did very well with those too. I have had some drugs make me swell in my ankles and hands. GOODLUCK

Jessica in VA
  5. mosherpit

mosherpit New Member

Does not make me sleepy and does help the pain...but I agree with one of the prior posts, it depends on the person. My husband can take 3 percocet for pain and be fine, I would be under the table....