KNOW OF natual ANTIBIOTIC, anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by quanked, Nov 21, 2010.

1. quanked

quanked Member

Looking for a non-perscription anitbiotic.

Thanks in advance.
  2. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Why do you need an antibiotic?

3. quanked

quanked Member

Thanks jam and rainbow11, I am copying and pasting your info onto a paper and I will stick it on the wall. Otherwise, I know I will forget. I truly appreciate your feedback--you guys are great.

gapsych, I asked originally for my husband. He contracted cellulitis a couple of years ago on the job. It travelled up his leg and was heading for his heart so he ended up in the hospital for about 4 days. He has it flare up out of the blue for no apparent reason. He ends up with a fever, nausea and a swollen lower leg. I was hoping that he might be able to keep it at bay with some kind of natural antibiotic--I figure it is worth a try. He was down with a bout on Saturday.

I also get UTI's and the perscription antibiotics can create real havoc with my lower digestive track. I am thinking that these kind of treatments might help me when I feel a UTI coming on.

4. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I know how antibiotics can effect your digestive track and it is not fun. However for the two conditions you state you are going to need something stronger than an herbal medication or the homeopathic meds.

If the above really worked then you would expect to get the same side effect.

My doctor prescribed a prescription grade probiotic and that has really helped my IBS.

I used to get UTI's and once I waited too long and it went to my kidney.

My .02 worth. :>)

Take care.

5. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

I have heard that people use Colloidal Silver and/or Oil of Oregano.
    I am allergic to all prescription antibiotics, and when I need one, I ask my herbalist (who is also my acupuncturist) for some and he makes an herbal preparation. I can't tell you which herbs he uses because they are Chinese, but I have had great success with this.
    Good luck, Terry
    p.s. these particular herbs tend to be bitter, (although not impossible to take straight) but I put them into capsules and have no problem at all.
  6. vickiw

vickiw Member

Is your husband taking the full course of antibiotics as directed? I ask because I've known so many people who will stop taking their antibiotics as soon as they start to feel better. What happens is that, although they may feel better on the surface, the infection has not been fully eradicated and can relapse into a full blown episode. It also allows the bacteria to become more resistant to the medication. Just a thought...

In addition to what others have mentioned, Olive Leaf Extract is a good natural anti-microbial. So is garlic, scullcap and coconut oil. May be a good idea to rotate some of these rather than take the same one all the time. Best to take the garlic raw - I use a garlic press, then swallow the minced garlic all at once with water (kind of like a pill). It's just too strong for me to eat. Also, I take it with a meal because it can upset my stomach.

I agree with the other comments about getting medical help once these infections are active.