KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by mjgkennedy, Dec 22, 2003.

1. mjgkennedy

mjgkennedy New Member

Hi Sunshyne, I agreee with you that Christmas can be a stressful and lonely time. I cant help thinking about my Dad, Brother, Gran, and my Mum has senile dementia and is in a world of her own. She should be in a Nursing Home but we cannot afford it. I live in Ireland and it would cost £800 per week. We have to try and look after her as best we can. It is not easy as she is in bed now all the time. She was widowed when she was only 48 and is now 78.She never got over my Fathers death as they were very close and then my brother died a few years ago at this time only 42.

I pray that God will help you and me and everyone else who find Christmas a time of stress. Just do what you can.I am not going to ruin my health this year as you get no thanks in the long run.

God Bless,
    MARY.
  2. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Hello Mary,

Sounds like you have your hands full also, but 'll certainly be praying for you and Sunshyne and ask the Lord to lay his healing hands on you both. Remember to keep the faith.

Danny
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I understand how you feel. Christmas and all the holidays have the good and then the sad for a lot of us, too many empty chairs around the table.

I had a very large family at one time, now I have my husband, three children, and two grandchildren.

The confort I take in this is that I know that they are with the Lord, and in a much better place, no more sickness, pain and weeping for them.

I will pray for your dear Mother, she has had some great losses in her life, and for you to have the strength to care for her.

Blessings going out to you dear lady.

Shalom, Shirl

4. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

Its not the empty chairs, the missing loved ones. I know they are in better places. Its the emptiness I feel in me. Thats what is sad and depressing.

I did what I could with the holidays, put on a happy face when I needed to. Enjoyed Christmas Eve some. Felt the Christmas Spirit a couple times. That helped. I opened up more to how I am feeling. That was a step I guess.

Bless you all for the prayers, great thoughts and kindness. I truly appreciate it.

Love, Sunshyne