Knox NutraJoint & Gelatin -- Aids in Digestion? Brain fog & pain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by elastigirl, Sep 30, 2005.

1. elastigirl

elastigirl New Member

I noticed that when I started taking Knox NutraJoint (original formula, without gluc.), my brain fog lifted and I felt better. One night after I had run out for a few days, I was in so much pain I drove to Walgreen's to buy more. I took some as soon as I got home and within an hour, my pain was lessened.

I have also noticed on the days when I take it, I am more clear-headed. Even if I am very tired, my brain fog is not as intense as it used to be. However, as I haven't been using it for a full six weeks yet, I cannot make a full recommendation.

I was curious why I might be experiencing a positive effect from this product (basically gelatin with a few vitamins), so I did a search on the internet. I found this link:

http://www.westonaprice.org/foodfeatures/brothisbeautiful.html

I found this point most interesting:

"'[Gelatin's] colloidal properties aid the digestion of any foods which cause the patient to suffer from "sour stomach." Even foods to which individuals may be definitely sensitive... frequently may be tolerated with slight discomfort or none at all if gelatin is made part of the diet.'"

I'm not sure I fully understand the article. Is this product somehow allowing me to absorb more nutrition, which might at some point reach my brain and joints? I was wondering if someone here might help me put it into layman's terms? TIA![This Message was Edited on 10/01/2005]
    [This Message was Edited on 10/01/2005]
  2. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

drinking, Knox's Geltin, (I was 8 at the time) it was for her nails, she said.
    She wanted stronger ones, so for years she tired it.
    It didn't help at all, her nails still chipped.
    She started using, that Clear Nail Hardner, which worked for her.

My Mom had FMS,so this may be something that comes with the dd. I too have nails that chip and splinter, never have been able to wear even Nail polish, because in a few hours it was all chipped looking.

I understand that Knox is also good for the bones, and she did have Great Cheek Bones. ;o)
    sharonk
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

I have taken 2 gelatin capsules with every meal for years.

I have done this for my nails and hair.

For me, it has done nothing to help aid in digestion of my food; and absolutely, positively NOTHING to help my brain fog or pain!!

My fog and pain are worse now than what they ever were!!

Now, granted I am not taking the Knox NutraJoint, I am just taking plain gelatin capsules (6/day) plus my multi-mineral multi-vitamin supplement daily.

But ... the gelatin capsules have greatly helped my nails!!

Hugs,
    Janet
  4. elastigirl

elastigirl New Member

I wonder if I'm getting this effect because I'm vegetarian? I eat plenty of plant protein, and it sounds like gelatin helps our body better utilize protein.

I didn't realize gelatin was non-veggie! I forgot about the old "made from horse-hooves" thing. But since I'm still getting improved brain clarity, I'm going to make an exception to my diet and continue taking this product :).

It's not as expensive as some of my other supplements -- one is $75 every two months -- YIKES!