kombucho tea

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by maryrosenbach, Jun 4, 2008.

1. maryrosenbach

maryrosenbach New Member

I have been drinking kombucha tea lately and it seems to make me feel better. Has anyone else had a good experience with it? Mary
  2. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I am curious about this as I am a tea drinker.

What exactly does it contain and where can you get it.

3. victoria

victoria New Member

For 2 it seemed to help them feel better at least for about 6 months, but then, 'things' caught up with them;

but, it seems like very few of us only have one thing wrong...

the 3rd one only drinks it occasionally, as she just likes the taste... which is really vinegar-y sour to me.

There is also a yahoo group about it if you're really interested in talking to people who drink it regularly. The posts I've seen from there are generally quite positive.

4. dafoefan

dafoefan New Member

I keep thinking I need to start a new one.

I recall feeling absolutely great while drinking it. I wasn't sick yet, but I felt so good on it.

It is a bit of a chore to make it and my family hates the smell. I can drink vinegar from the bottle, and often do.

I need to look for a baby to start up a new batch.

Thanks for the reminder.

I'll have to look for the yahoo group to see if I can get a baby from there.
  5. dafoefan

dafoefan New Member

I forgot to answer your question, you start off with something that is called a mushroom, but it is not exactly a mushroom. I can't remember what it is.

You make a batch of plain old tea and sugar in a huge bowl and leave it on the counter with the "baby mushroom", covered with plastic. After a week or two your mushroom will make a baby. You can then give those away to friends. It's kinda like making sourdough mix, you keep feeding with more tea and sugar.

The mushroom will become the size of the bowl--I use the largest pyrex glass bowl they make.

I haven't done it in about 10 years, so I don't know the exact recipe. It is really easy to do. The hardest thing is to find homes for the babies.