kombucho tea

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by maryrosenbach, Jun 4, 2008.

1. maryrosenbach

maryrosenbach New Member

I have been drinking kombucha tea lately and it seems to make me feel better. Has anyone else had a good experience with it? Mary
  2. poets

poets Member

I mean, where do you find it and what is it made of? I've never heard of it, but I'd be interested in finding out more about it.
  3. babyk902

babyk902 New Member

i had a very good experience with it and started to drink it every day bc it made me feel so good, but after about 1 1/2 or 2 weeks i started feeling 1000 times worse bc i got a fungus/yeast infection from it since it's fermented and is derived from a mushroom, other than that it helped me so much with energy
  4. maryrosenbach

maryrosenbach New Member

IT IS A CULTURED CHINESE TEA THAT IS FERMENTED FOR 30 DAYS. IT IS SUPPOSED TO SUPPORT A LOT OF BODY FUNCTIONS AND HAVE NUTRIENTS, PROBIOTICS, AND AMINO AND ORGANIC ACIDS. MY DAUGHTER STARTED ME ON IT. I FIND IT AT OUR HEALTH FOOD STORE, AND ONE GROCERY STORE HAS STARTED CARRYING IT. YOU CAN MAKE IT YOURSELF, BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE A LITTLE BIT OF AN INVOLVED PROCESS. THERE ARE DIFFERENT FLAVORS, THE PLAIN TASTES SLIGHTLY OF VINEGAR. I HAPPEN TO REALLY LIKE IT. I'VE HAD FIBROMYALGIA SINCE 1984 AND ON THE DAYS I DRINK IT, IT SEEMS LIKE I FEEL BETTER. THANKS, MARY
  5. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

It's the mushroom that's helping you. Shitake mushroom is what saved my life when I got sick. There's something in some of the mushrooms that seems to keep this disease at bay. If the tea is helping, try some of the mushroom extracts, shitake, reishi, they really do help.