KSP56 and MamaR.....How are you two?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fivesue, Mar 13, 2006.

1. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Just looked to see if you two had been on as I have spent little time here lately.

You both seem to have spent little time, also. Kim, I hope your back, etc. are getting better. Mari...what's up? Are you feeling poorly or family things?

Just wanted you two to know someone is thinking about you. Take care of yourselves and get in touch when you can.

Love,
    Sue
  2. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I just wondered the same thing last night, was gonna post the same question.
  3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Maybe we can keep this bumped until one of them comes on. MamaR hasn't been on since the 7th....quite some time ago.

Kim had one post about water retention but that's about it. I know that she has been feeling poorly since she came back from FL.

So, all we can do is keep bumping so they may see this when they return.

Thanks again, Lena....!

Sue
  4. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I am on for just a bit. I have been in so much pain. It is now the interstitial cystitis flair up and IBS. Plus all of the other stuff! So I have been miserable...as you might imagine.

I was so short with hubby today. I was actually glad when he went to work. I hate being so irritable.
    He was eating peanuts, and it was just the sound that was about to send me up the wall!
    I am not fit to be around right now!!

I hope that you all are doing better.

I am totally out of touch with everyone. I miss you all.
    Will try to check back later.

Love....Mari
  5. fivesue

fivesue New Member

You have really benn through it lately, Mari. I am so sorry that you are feeling so bad but can understand your irritation by the sound of husband eating peanuts. When you don't feel good, things just set you off.

I am doing OK...not great, but OK. Need to get to finishing up dinner, but wanted to check to see if either of you two had posted.

My prayers for your feeling better soon!

Love,
    Sue
  6. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I am so sorry that you still are not feeling well. I sure hope that you are over the infection soon....because you have been sick for awhile now.
    That type of inflammation must be really hard to kick. I know when my son had it...it took him awhile to snap back, too.

Well, I am off for the night...I have sit WAY too long.

I will try to see you all tomorrow....if possible. If not, I will be back on Thursday...'cause hubby is off work on Tuesday and Wednesday.
    Maybe tomorrow will be better around here...he is almost out of nuts! (-:

Love.....Mari

7. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Almost out of nuts, huh? Funny.

Hope you have a good two days and feel better. Take care of yourself, Mari.

My infection is probably gone, but the pain is still around...very bad last night. I'll live, and sometimes I think that's the bad news! )-:

Hope to hear from you today if you are feeling better.

Now, where is KIM???

Love,
    Sue
  8. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Sue....you sounded down in last post this morning. I hope that you are feeling better by now.

I wish that we could get together face to face to lift each other up.
    There is this little cafe, right near the beach... I wish that I could take you there. It so relaxing to sit outside and sip coffee or tea... smell the salt air...and feel the cool breeze on your face.
    I surely know how you are feeling. I have felt like that so often.
    Hopefully... when this infection clears up you will feel better. I pray for that!! I am trying to send good vibe thru screen...(-:

I am going to call doc if this pain doesn't let up. I don't think that I have a bladder infection...but it is possible.
    I have felt better today...but that nagging, burning pain leaves me feeling so extra tired.

We are suppose to go out to eat with friends tonight...so I hope that I continue to feel as good as I do now... until it is over.
    That sounds terrible...but it is true.
    It is sad...as I can remember when I used to look forward to a night out.

Just never know how long the bit of energy will last...or when the pain will get worse. I am sure that you can relate.

I am sorry...I was trying to lift you up!

Well, you never know what life holds for us. We just might get together one day. You might come to Florida...or I will go to California!

Oh...about the nuts! I was speaking of John being out of those peanuts that he was munching on. It was just my nerves...I guess...why it was so annoying to me.

Soft hug to you......Mari
  9. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Sweetie...I just want to say thank you for the special prayer for me on the Worship Board.
    You are such a precious person. I could feel it thru your prayer. I truly appreciate all of the love that we have for each other here.
    Also, I appreciate the hint about the water with baking soda. I am trying it!

See you around.... (-:

Love.....Mari
  10. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I'd love a cup of coffee at a beachside cafe. We have beachside cafes here in NO CA but it is so cold we ususally can't sit outside. You don't have that trouble in FL. It would be fun to sit and talk....(-: I'm glad you're a little better.

You did cheer me up! I am better today, and even got out, went to the thrift stores to look around and see if they wanted our old TV. They do if it works, which it does, so we'll take it on Saturday. Then I actually cleaned both bathrooms and vacuumed downstairs. Amazing. Very tired now, but feel good for accomplishing that much.

I understand about going out and how we dread it. I though I might go to a meeting with Jim tonight, but I am just too tired to go and sit. When I think about going out at night, I just cringe because it usually takes more energy than I have.

So, I'm going to go and read for a bit. Oh, I did get it about the peanuts....my mind just takes the nuts part and runs with it. My though was that I would never run out of nuts as my head is full of them! (-: But, I do understand little things driving a person nuts (pun intended!). Just our humanity!

Have a good night out and hopefully you will have a good time. Call the doc if you're not better soon. It would be good to be checked out for an infection if it lingers much longer. I didn't even think I had one, and I was so surprised I did. I actually waited too long because I wasn't expecting it....I think that's one reason it is taking longer to leave.

So...blessings to you and yours!
    Love,
    Sue
  11. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I MISS YOU!

Haven't been on board much. Difficult typing with numb hand! Not even Marti will fix this!

I've had MRI. Neck and spine are full of disease, according to doctor. Referred to ortho surgeon to discuss options. He's out till end of March. We leave for vacation the first week he is back. I have appt., April 10, I think.

I have been so concerned about you. I know this has to be a very difficult time for you. I so understand depression and dealing with loss. You have been in my constant prayers and thoughts. Please let me know how life has been.

Having trouble sitting here! I'd better go get my ice pad and heating pad! LOL Don't know how I think I am going to be able to drive 16 hours to the beach..

Thanks for asking about us, Susie. I sure have missed you!

Love,

Kim
  12. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Next ailment, please! You must be in such pain and feel such frustration. I am so sorry. Thank you for posting and letting me know you are still with us! 16 hour drive, huh? I wonder.....??? April 10th is your appointment? I sure will be praying the doc has a good treatment plan so you can get back to the things you like to do so much. I have missed talking to you.

I am doing OK. I have been depressed this last few weeks as I have been sick, it is March and raining like January, and time has taken away the numb and left a real lonliness for my dad. We used to talk so often. You know....

But, today I did a bit better....was able to do a few errands and clean the dirty bathrooms, vacuum, etc. Now, I'm reading a book and relaxing. I hurt but my abdomen seems much less painful that it has been for quite some time. I'm very happy about that.

So what beach are you going to on your vacation? FL? How was your trip to visit Mom? I know you had ortho problems then, but I hope you also had a good break from the cold and a good visit with your mom.

Just had a grand-niece last week...my first from my siblings' children. Very happy but can hardly believe my little sister is a grandma. Life rolls on.

My son Kevin and his girlfriend are getting married on May 27th...a small wedding at their house for just immediate family. We are going, of course. He is doing great in college. I am so happy things are going so well for him. How's your Kevin doing?

I know you probably won't post for a bit, and that's OK. I'm just glad to see the old sense of humor is still there even with all of this. You are great.

Take care of yourself.

Love,
    Sue
  13. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Sue & Kim,

I came back tonight and thought that I had better explain myself.
    You see...I get Kim KSP56 & Kendra KCH64 mixed up...think that I have it straight!
    Anyway, I read on the worship board were she...Kendra was thinking of me... and that is what the previous post was all about.

I get really confused sometimes!!

I wish you all a peaceful sleep....and hope talk at you soon.

Love...Mari
  14. ksp56

ksp56 Member

It was good to see your reply!

Yes, I do understand missing your dad. You are still in early stages of grief. People expect grieving loved ones to 'snap out of it', many months ahead of where our hearts and souls are. You take the time you need! Slowly but surely, is how I did it. And Susie, I still miss Dad and feel the open, raw pain, at times. I believe that is natural..

How is your Mom? I see how much my mom still misses dad. I don't believe they, or us, ever truly 'get over it.' I keep you and your mom in my prayers.

Congratulations for Kevin and his fiancee, and to your grand neice! Doesn't time go quickly? Well at least when you're not worrying about your kids? HA HA! Do you like Kevin's bride to be? It gives me hope about my Kevin... LOL

We are renting an oceanfront home on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Hatteras Island. It won't be as warm as further south but we love it there. This is Kevin's Spring Break. He is taking a friend with him. That drive...hmmmmm

I hope you are feeling better from your infection! It has been a nasty winter, hasn't it?

I've decided not to see anymore doctors! Everytime I go, something is wrong! LOL I truly do hate it. My beloved grandmother was a hypochondriac. Something I have always SWORN I would never be.

Sometimes I feel others view me that way (not you!), and it shuts me off from them. I think I will start carrying charts so they can whipped out for the doubting family and friends! I figure that would bore them enough to leave me alone! LOL

Thanks for responding back! I do miss you and wish we could further our connection!

Take care of yourself my friend. I hope we 'talk' soon!

Love,

Kim

15. ksp56

ksp56 Member

B........... Want to make sure Sue sees
  16. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Yes, I saw it, but I started another thread because this one was getting so long.

If I find it, I'll bump it again.

Are you getting ready to go? We have had nothing but rain,rain, rain this winter, and I am soooo sick of it I can hardly stand it. I sure hope you guys have warm, dry weather on your vacation.

My mom is doing OK....not great, but yesterday was the 3 month mark since his death. I called her this morning and she is trying to deal with financial matters that have already been done, but the company is not up to speed. So....on it goes. She will never stop missing my dad, nor will I. We can accept it, and we must go on, but it is hard to lose someone who was so dear. Very dear. You understand.

Just have a great vacation. I hope the sun and warmth dries out your bones and your feel young and strong again. Now that would be a vacation....actually, I think they call it Heaven! (-:

Love,
    Sue