Kutapressin replacement available in US

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tansy, Aug 25, 2005.

1. tansy

tansy New Member

Nexavir (replacement for Kutapressin) is now available for sale. If your doctor gives you
    a prescription, your pharmacy anywhere in the US should be able to order Nexavir from the
    manufacturer:

Nexco Pharma
    Houston, Texas

Source: Co-cure archives
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This is good news for all those who were left in the lurch without the Kutapressin.

Thanks, Tansy!

Love, Mikie
  3. bioman85

bioman85 New Member

whats this medicine for?
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Many were getting better with it.

Love, Mikie
  5. LaurieEm

LaurieEm New Member

It is the very same stuff. I just received my bottle yesterday. The company, NexcoPharma, has a website, and you could guess what it is and be right on the first try. There's a copy of the package insert on it, and you'll see that it is exactly like the Kutapressin one, except substituting Nexavir for Kutapressin.

For me Kutapressin was a miracle. Not a complete recovery, but it took me from bedridden to part-time consulting couch potato. I've really degenerated in the 2 years I couldn't have it. I hope I respond fast this time!
  6. tcluna

tcluna New Member

anyone using nexavir? results?
  7. JenniferAnn539

JenniferAnn539 New Member

Tansy,

Bless your heart for posting this information!

That is great news.

LaurieEM; how long did you take kutapressin last time before you saw an improvement?

I have been on hepapressin which is similiar with no results, but perhaps kutapressin will help.

Thanks again!

8. moonlightkitty

moonlightkitty New Member

I'm very interested in trying this medication, and contacted the US pharmacy that fills prescriptions for it to ask how I could order it from here (Australia). I was told that they can ship it to a local pharmacy, and that way I can get it with a prescription from a local doctor.

This is very good news; I really was worried this was another off-limits option for me due to my location.

But I think this will be quite expensive, so I'm interested to hear any more stories from people who've tried it - both good and bad experiences.
  9. ladude

ladude New Member

Dr. Chenney talks about it in his video from June.

got it and watched it today, all 3 1/2 hours. Very detailed and well worth the 18.00 for anyone with CFIDS!

Highly highly recommend it.

Am doing the B12 injections and it seemed to help big time today when I was crashing.

Next comes pig liver pills and magnesium injections.
    I'm excited

LAdude Do Dah

10. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

What good news,,,,,I know this has helped many with CFS before. Thanks for sharing the information Tansy.

foxglove
  11. kbak

kbak Member

Tansy,
    Thanks for all the info. I did go to the site and read the insert label. This is very important to read. It does say that no long term animal studies have examined the carcinogenic or mutagenic potential. This does sound like we're the test subjects.

I would love to try this but, I don't want to trade one problem for another. I might sit on this one and see how people do.

K.
  12. cma331

cma331 New Member

Sorry I just saw this thread on Nexavir. Guess I was "spaced out"!!

I too, was on KU for many years........with some degree of success........Was only taking 1 cc daily as directed by my Doc. Went into a 2 year crash when it was not being manufactured by Schwarz anymore....and off the market it went.

I joined the Ku at Yahoo.com group....... who fought to get it back.

I have now been on Nexavir, since its arrival back on the market; by Nexco Pharma.

At first i was only on the 1 cc a day; cause of the cost...... I started joining the world again.
    Then went I went on the 2cc daily dosage; that is reccomended........I improved greatly.......This was over a period of 4-5 months. I even gave up my sleep Med.

This past month......I have been OUT every day!
    I have done my own food shopping.
    I even go to a Mall.
    I have a social life again.
    And for the first time in many years......I make plans in advance!

Thus....YES, it has worked for me.

For the person that is afraid of the injections.....Try it, it is worth it...... Do the first few in your Docs office, with a nurse.

Yes, I too am running out of spots on my body. I use a larger syringe; and take the 2 cc at one time.

Since it is the same ingredients as Ku was.......It has been approved by the FDA for 50 years plus.

I would like to discuss the cost; and how all of you are getting yours. I was getting it thru my private Pharmacy. With a script from my Dr. The price kept going up. Today for the first time; it was faxed directly from my Dr. ; to Nexco. And they will send it to me. It will save me $75.00 every 20 days. I was so excited. They try so hard to work with you there.

I had signed up with Humana Ins Co; thru Medicare part D. It was on their formulary for 4 months. Thus i signed with them. Natch; it was dropped by Medicare; right before my enrollment started. A bit of a disappointment.

Nexco told me they are trying to find a Co. to pick it up. You just have to stay in touch with them.

Sorry this is so long winded; but if i can help just one person out there; it is worth it. I have gained so much from these CFS/FM sites; I just want to give some back.

This med; along with the exciting news ; of the breakthru these past few weeks, published in the CFS Journals , is enough to actually give me hope. Something I had lost.

Soft Hugs, Carole
  13. cma331

cma331 New Member

14. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

Thanks as this may help some folks here !