kutapressin

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by paulalbert, Aug 20, 2003.

1. paulalbert

paulalbert New Member

I am a patient of Dr. Enlander, a doctor who has always used kutapressin. It is my understanding that when supplies ran out he directed a team that derived a new injectable solution that is the chemical equivalent of kutapressin. It goes by the name hepapressin (sp?). He has told me it is the exact same thing. Maybe this is a quick (or long term fix) for those of us who have counted on kutapressin for so long. I've already taken two injections of the stuff. I hope Dr. Enlander doesn't mind me posting this information. I just know that a lot of us have been running around with our heads cut off trying to get Schwarz to continue producing kutapressin.

Paul
  2. cma331

cma331 New Member

Paul,
    Thank you for posting that info .......I have been in a full summers crash..since i ran out of Kutapressin.....Is Hepapressin given as a daily 1cc self injection? I would like to give more info to my doc on it....whom i am seeing on Tuesday......Is there anything posted on it?
    Thanx, Carole
  3. paulalbert

paulalbert New Member

I am pretty sure that this stuff is available directly through Dr. Enlander-- not through Cambridge Chemists (last time I checked, they stopped offering other products of the doctor). Hepapressin (is it hepatopressin???) comes in 0.5 ml shots just as my kutapressin did.

Best,
    Paul