L-carnitine do you take it and does it help???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hensue, Jul 28, 2010.

1. hensue

hensue New Member

Energy, fat loss anything???? Got a bottle very expensive not going to open till I get feedback.
  2. Tizz

Tizz New Member

But if you don't have GERD/heartburn problems, you may find that it helps your energy level and perhaps could help with fibrofog. So give it a go!

I tried it a while back but it upset my stomach...

3. SnooZQ

SnooZQ New Member

Carnitine in very small doses (50 mg.) is helpful. I take it occasionally to help preserve muscle mass. But personally, I haven't found it to be a miracle.

Now, your mileage may vary. Our bodies, when working optimally, do manufacture carnitine. However there are a number of genetic variations that can interfere with carnitine production. If you have even a slight genetic glitch, you may find the regular dose supps very helpful.

Carnitine can have anti-thyroid effects, so if your thyroid function is borderline, ingesting a lot of carnitine at once might backfire.

On the other hand, if you are very prone to heart problems with angina, carnitine might be quite helpful.

The ALC form of carnitine is very acidic. Sometimes carnitine is combined with taurine, & that combo can really increase stomach acid -- I can't take it.

Good luck whatever you decide to do.
  4. hensue

hensue New Member

Had all the energy I could stand my legs are a good sore today. Even though I will probably crash eventually.

Did not take it today. Having edema issues in ankles think from Avalide bpm.

I have been breaking it in half. Do not know if I should do that?? Full pill is causing fatigue,
    cramping in toes omg and calves. Edema

took the 50 mg cartinine.

Jammin I am going to try the grapeseed extract again??? hopefully I can take it this time.