l-methionine (amino acid) helping with candida dieoff (I think)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by mbofov, Sep 27, 2006.

1. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I am taking virgin coconut oil for a yeast infection. Coconut oil is high in lauric and caprylic acid, which kill the yeast. It is very effective. I used it 2 years ago and it worked very well but I had a horrible herx for about 11 days. It was pretty bad.

I'm taking the coconut oil again (two tablespoons a day), but this time I'm also taking two 500 mg. capsules of l-methionine, and I've had next to no die-off symptoms, only one day of being a little tired.

I'm assuming it's the l-methionine that is making the difference. I really was afraid to start the coconut oil this time because I was dreading the herx, but it was nothing this time.

I did a little research and read that l-methionine helps transport heavy metals out of the body. I read somewhere awhile ago that one reason so many of us have problems with yeast is heavy metal toxicity. I don't know the chemistry but heavy metal toxicity can cause yeast infections. And I also read that that is one of the reasons the herx is so bad with candida - it has to do wtih the heavy metals in your body.

So it's possible that either (a) the l-methionine is helping rid my body of heavy metals and thereof the herx from candida is not bad at all or (b) the l-methionine is just helping clear out the candida die-off, or (c) it's all a coincidence. But I doubt the last one.

So I just wanted to pass this on as so many of us have yeast problems. l-methionine is also supposed to help with glutathione production, which probably deserves its own post.

Mary
    <br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 09/27/2006</i>]
  2. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I did the yeast kill with Nystatin last spring. It was nasty stuff. Dr had me taking the powder cuz it is supposedly more effective, yucko! I also had IV treatments for heavy metals and hydrogen peroxide/UV blood treatments. I always felt terrible after these treatments, I didn't complete the series that the dr recommended cuz my kids got out of school for the summer and I couldn't go. The dr was over an hour away and it took most of the day to go do the whole visit. I need to call him and see if I should come back for more treatments, don't really want to tho cuz it just made me sicker.
  3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I know what you mean about the treatments making you sicker. Every time I've done any sort of detox (I've done a liver detox and one for heavy metals), I get quite sick.

But, the l-methionine might help with that. It really does seem to be helping with the candida die-off. So it might help you from getting so sick if you try detoxing again.

I tried taking chlorella early this year and couldn't handle it. Chlorella is supposed to be very cleansing and gets heavy metals out of your body. Anyways, I had a very strong reaction to it so unfortunately just could not keep taking it. I'm going to try it again in a few weeks when this is all over, and see if the l-methionine helps with that as well.

Mary
  4. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I think this is very interesting and more want to read about it.
  5. DRSrEVIL

DRSrEVIL New Member

My candida started when I was taking antibiotics for infections, mostly sinus/sore throat. However I was forced into taking a tetanus shot at the emergency when I cut my knee. The nurses bad mouthed me until I gave in! I knew I shouldn't of had one! Been sick ever since!!!&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    So I am happy to hear of L-Methionine to help remove all of the poisonous metals &amp; material they injected me with. Might also help with mercury removal from water &amp; fish/shrimp. &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    Candida blows! Check into natural ways to rid body of fungal yeast. Medical treatments will make you worse! It will come back later on, and wont be able to extinguish the fungal yeast because it will be 10x stronger and super-strain due to the stupid drugs you took! Dont get fooled! Nystatin is the best medical drug for it if you MUST, but stay away from fluconazole(has other names) and other treatments. There is only way way to rid candida. Change your eating habits. Veggies, Eggs, WHOLE meats(no processed crap). Stop taking certain vitamins, try to not take any amino acids, as that helps spread candida, but L-methionine might be a good solution for me. body makes aminos from proteins so cant rid it completely, but dont give it extra fuel. &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    No starch, yeast, soy, dairy, white stuff(rice flour), sugar, carbs. It sucks. but eat right! Make it a long term goal/lesson! Learn and move on! All the fake crap you eat isnt good for you! Use herbal remedies to battle candida while you starve it out by eating right. research research research! Doctors dont know shit, &amp; naturopathics are better but they dont know jack either! 3-different levels of candida, systemic is worse(full body, in organs, brain ect). They may only treat you as mild or starting out. Candida can be hiding in you for years before you see the symptoms! For every year you have it, it takes 2 months! of treating/fasting(eating completly healthy, no choice!). If you fail at treating it correctly, it will return, stronger and immune to your past treatments. &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME !!!!!&lt;BR&gt;
    Hate veggies? Your gonna die than! Learn to like them, I did! Get a steamer and steam veggies. Took me a month to start to like them! Detoxing off all the crap food takes a while, but once youve detoxed, as soon as you eat something unhealthy( after candida is resolved!!!!!!!!!) you will feel sick and fell like a drug user! DETOX!! Most americans born on unhealthly poison! You wont know how it all affects you until you quit!!! &amp; detox!!! &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    research research research! &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    Good luck, stay strong! check youtube for good stuff too. Few remedies out there that are suggested to rid the yeast after starved out.&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    take: capric acid, lauric acid, LOTS OF PROBIOTICS, LOTS OF GARLIC DAILY(RAW &amp; PILL), Flax seed oil, Green MAGMA, ..&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    DISTILLED WATER!!!! for as many months (2 x each year you been eating unhealthy!) For me that is 25 years of unhealthy, so 50 months, thats insane, so if you are above 6 months, I would suggest doing it for atleast 3-6 months!&lt;BR&gt;
    Distilled water will pull out alkaline ph out of your body &amp; organs!&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    Some suggest drinking a shot of apple cider vinegar before or after each meal. This restores PH in your body.&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    For hair loss &amp; rashes(fungal rashes) use ketoconazole. Its coco oil, so research if natural oil will work, because I hate using anything &quot;western medicine&quot;...&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    If you have high levels in metal, than do what &quot;MBOFOV&quot; suggested here, and take L-METHIONINE supplement. I will start this too.&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    uggg. its stressful &amp; sucks not to eat crunchy stuff, but find ways! like ginger cut up into chips and cooked in coconut oil or olive oil.&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    Take candida as a blessing &amp; realize how the &quot;system&quot; is poisoning its slaves &amp; keeping you dumb! Doctors are against you! they work for the globalist that make them richer than the average slave/pesant. Our education system is a joke, it conforms &amp; kills independant thought and the differences that make us unique! Sugar is in everything in america because it renders your immune system worthless until its digested! Avoid ocean fish, or fish in general, they have 5-10x more mercury in them these days!!! SICK! Fluoride is toxic to brain( toothpaste &amp; water), chlorine in water &amp; inhalation in showers kills your immune system worse stuff i forget all of it. Avoid sucralose, its chlorine &amp; sugar mixed. Often in your probiotic yogurt that says its so good for you, yet it is loaded with sugar, sucralose, &amp; very little probiotics. GET SMART OR GET DEAD!!! Sorry for rants. WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    Learn about this stuff &amp; rid your candida &amp; health problems forever! Everything stems from candida! Who needs health care when you can just get smart!!!