l?, my dog may need chemo, thinking of selling on Ebay

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by claudiaw, Mar 15, 2008.

1. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

but don't know a thing about it. I've only been a buyer.

I don't have much to sell, some Hummels(sp) I don't understand why the book says they are worth hundreds, but then they are on E-bay for $40.

Is it worth me selling when I only have a few things? i don't drive, so I'd have to wait for my husband to ship the stuff, how do you find out postage and all that?

I'm panicking, I can't work, I'm on disability, mostly bedridden, and my beloved dog has been fighting caner, I know some of you have been very kind over the last few weeks w/my struggles w/all this.

I find out next week if he will need chemo or not, but we are struggling finacially, but I will sell anything if it will possibly keep my boy w/me.
    Thanks for any suggestions,
  2. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

Do you have a university veterinary medicine anywhere near you? When my Claire (cat) had cancer my vet office set me up with a program through the University of Wisconsin Veterinary School of Medicine to do a serious of chemo and drug treatment which was free because it was for the students to learn how to do these procedures. They are still watched by a licensed veterinarian but this way you can get treatment for your pet either free or very discounted price.
  3. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I'd die first!

Thanks you all had good advice.

I've asked about selling coins and gold, I just don't know where to go, who I could trust to give me the best deal.

I will check out the E-bay fee's, that's why I don't think it would be good. I don't have a lot to sell, and it's a the whim of other's tastes.

My dog got a good check up Praise God!! But should I need to the teaching school is a good question to ask about.

I still need money, our car has 250,000 miles on it and husband drives 2 hrs total for work.

His work has been slow, lost some client's, it's been a tough year. Dog surgeries, expensive supplement's for him, the above mentioned job,gas, etc.

I can't work, we don't have anything to cut out, we just need more coming in!

Thanks to all who responded. I will continue to try to think something up!

Blessings to you,
  4. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

I'm trying to remember if it was Dar or who it was that sold some gold and got some pretty good prices. Do you maybe have some gold you could sell?

I do sell on Ebay as well and I have found lately I have better luck selling a few items on Craigslist. I had a few antiques that were just sitting around and we needed the extra cash.