L-Theanine makes you feel worse?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by twerp, Aug 8, 2008.

1. twerp

twerp New Member

Hi All,

After reading several posts about L-Theanine and its many benefits, including reducing anxiety, I decided to try it.

I took my first dose several days ago, and since then I've experienced headaches, increased lightheadedness and stomach upset. Needless to say, I've stopped taking it. Then, I got to thinking that it might not be the L-Theanine at all, but simply a flare-up of my CFS symptoms.

Has anyone else experienced these side effects? I hate to give up on something this quickly.

[This Message was Edited on 08/08/2008]
  2. twerp

twerp New Member

I appreciate your response. I think maybe I'll wait until I'm feeling better, then try the L-Theanine again. If it makes me feel worse the 2nd time around, I may have to give it up.

Thanks again!
  3. Wolverine

Wolverine Member

with me. Then again alot of things don't. I thought it would be a wonder supp after reading so much about it, then when i took it i was SO out of it and just generally not feeling good. Dissapointing. But hey, onto the next thing! ^_^
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

not everything works well for everyone... as usual.

L-theanine worked well for both me and my son.

However, I am allergic to Olive Leaf Extract, Klonopin produces eye twitches altho valium is fine, and I'm also allergic to green tea but not black, and GABA just makes me feel awful.

Unfortunately it's always trial-and-error...

all the best,

5. twerp

twerp New Member

I appreciate your replies/input very much. I think this is just going to be one of those things that does not agree with me. I've felt better since stopping it.

6. herbqueen

herbqueen New Member

I can't use l-theanine. It has exactly the opposite effect on me as it is supposed to and gives me severe anxiety and hyper. It takes me a day to relax again. No l theanine for me!
  7. simonedb

simonedb Member

my mind/body doesnt like most of them, but a couple am ok with
    they tend to be too powerful for my tolerance, I tried that one without luck few years back can't recall why didnt pan out...