Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DoveL, Oct 22, 2009.

1. DoveL

DoveL Member

Hello Everyone,

I posted here a while back on how I was dealing with a horrilbe bought of depression (from CFS/FMS). Anyway I wanted to post some positive news that L-Tryptophan helped my depression tremendosly. I take Optimized Tryptopure plus by Life Extension ( I love their products and am a member). It took about 3 weeks to really notice the difference, but it helped so much!! I am feeling better mentally! I take 1000mg 2X or 3X a day, (rotating that every other day) I have been taking it for a few months now.

I have tried various antidepressants many years back, and swore never again! The side effects for me were either horrific, or they made me an emotional zombie!

Now If I could just find something natural for this pain!!

Anyway, I am not a doctor or selling anything, I just wanted to give some positive feedback as to what helped me, and maybe it will help someone else!

2. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Yes, I'm only able to take l,000 mg at night, and it also helps with my sleep. Pain is another issue. I try all kinds of things..........Painease, Stopain, Arnica Montana 30C, M.J., and unlike most people don't agree, for me if I don't have my Potato Vodka before dinner, I have no appetite, my mood's down, pain's up, and I can have a mini-seizure. Doesn't take alot to help all, and now that the recent studies are showing that alcohol is being used for dementia & alzheimers, I'm on that path.

Glad you're spreading the word Dovel.