Lab Results.....INR......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by IngaDinga, Apr 15, 2003.

1. IngaDinga

IngaDinga New Member

Just had my labwork done and the only abnormal was my INR. It was 0.89 with normals falling in the 2.0 - 3.0 range.

I believe INR is about my blood clotting ? Anyone know?

2. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I got all freaked when I saw the abnormal result and wondered why my doctor had not called me about it. So,I did some research on the web and found out that they want your blood to take longer to clot if you are about to have surgery, which is why they usually run the INR test. A normal person, who is not about to be operated on, should have an INR of 1.0. Those normal ranges you are looking at on yuor test results are presurgical norms. My INR was 1.1. The fact that yours was under 1.0 would prompt me to ask my doctor at the next visit if that could indicate blood that is too thick,which some people here feel is a problem in many FMS patients. Please do a search of previous posts by JellyBelly for info on this, or put "hypercoagulation" into the previous posts search slot at the top of the page. I believe there is an article right on this front page about it right now.
    I want to stress that I do NOT know if your result of .89 is far enough from 1.0 to be a problem or not. Best to ask your doc.
    Hope this helps a bit.
    Klutzo