Lab Results Questions

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by getfitat40, Oct 22, 2005.

1. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

I went to a new Rheumy about 3 weeks ago. He tested me for everything and x-rayed every part of my body except my left arm - seriously! So this is the scoop - he sent me a letter with the lab results and a cover letter - I assume he would not have mailed bad news but I have never had results mailed like this so it was a bit unnerving to open it up.

I tested negative for RA, Sjogrens, and other DNA antibodies so that is good news. My white blood count was high at 13,600 (normal is 4,500 to 10,500) and both my SED rate (40 - normal is 0-20) and CRP (57 and normal is 0-5)were very high. He stated in the cover letter he did not know the reason and I searched here and saw that several of us have the same results. Has anyone received an answer from a doctor with any reason for this type of readings? Thanks - Nancy
  2. XKathiX

XKathiX New Member

Hi there -

I believe sed rate shows levels of inflamation. I have not heard of CRP before but if you google those initials and then type something lab values after it you should be able to find web sites that will tell you what the level means.

Kathi
  3. dobrydy

dobrydy New Member

Inflammation,
    likely due to the bactrial infection, or autoimmune (another possibility). You need treatment NOW - did he think of something to give you?
  4. winsomme

winsomme New Member

you might want to start with an infectious disease DR, but also an LLMD - lyme literate medical doctor.

your regular DR can find you an infectious disease in your area, and to find an LLMD, go to lymenet.

www.lymenet.org

click on the "flash discussion" option and then look for "seeking a doctor"

people on that site will help you find an LLMD near you.

thanks
    bill
  5. winsomme

winsomme New Member

also...

i'm not a DR, but i think these two tests being high indicates some kind of inflammatory process going on.

could it be an infection or something else? i don't know.

6. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

Thanks for the replies. I see him on Friday and will bring up all of this along with Adrenal Gland dysfunction. Nancy