Lab work , & causes of bad sweating spells

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lv2sing, Dec 25, 2008.

1. lv2sing

lv2sing New Member

Hey all...Merry Christmas!! Just had a quick question. I have had thyroid issues in the past (Graves,, now Hashimotos, but my GP & ENT say I don't need thyroid replacement yet). Also have the fibro & RA, Sjogrens, early lupus. I started having severe sweating spells about 7 months ago. I finally found an endocrinologist & saw him last week. He ordered 22, yes, 22!! vials of blood on me. He said I was definitely androgen deficient, which I already knew. I've been in menopause for 15 years, so it's not "hot flashes". Does anyone know what all he could have been testing for? I hate to think I will be waiting till March to find out what's wrong w/ me (I don't go back till then). I think he was wondering about adrenal or cortisol problems (I've been on prednisone for a year), & possible diabetes or maybe insulin resistance. I also have to do a 24 hr urine test still. Anyone else have these syptoms or know possible causes? I was just wondering if maybe this could be related to lupus? I don't have true SLE yet, but my rheumy says I could potentially develop it since some of my lupus panels are abnormal. I've also been getting headaches just above 1 of my eyebrows, which I rarely get. Doesn't feel like a sinus headache. Thanks all for any info!!
  2. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

I have them terribly. Mine began about 2 years ago and I wake up wringing wet. It can be a part of this illness.

I can sometimes just walk accross a room and be that way.
  3. Jennifer

Jennifer New Member

I am so glad you brought this up. I have been sweating like a dog for as long as I can remember and I am 65.. I am still on hormones since 42 yrs old after total hestorectomy. I have low thyroid, fibro, postpolio, osteo, polymyalgia diseased bladdar, really bad colon and Sjorgens. So could be many of these and I really believe it is hereditary. Both parents had it and our youngest daughter really has it and she is 41. I sure know the embarrasement of it when your hair looks like you just stepped out of a shower and I face looks like I have scarlet fever. I still think I could have Lupus, many symptoms of it. Anyway I feel sorry for anyone who has this. I have to wear my hair really short because of it, good thing I have been cutting it myself for 43 yrs. It sure has saved me a lot of money. Take care and let me know if I can help., Sherry
  4. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

Glad to know I am not alone here but sorry to hear you are doing it too.

I had a hysteroctomy when I was 26 and I am now 52 and still taking hormone replacement. I have weaned myself down to three a week but every time I think I will stop them, the sweats get worse.

I also take Prednisone on decreasing doseage at least once a month and I do think the sweating gets worse then. Maybe that is what is causing the problem.

I have sweat dripping out my hair anytime I exert myself at all and my face gets so red and blotchy. Even shopping for groceries in a store a little too warm will set me off.

I too have wondered if I could have Lupus. The rheumy says no way but I definitely have the rash on my face.

Let us know if you find any answers.

5. munch1958

munch1958 Member

One of the biggest symptoms of Babesiosis is sweating! Since this started for you 7 months ago, it's possible that you were bit by a tick that is harboring this bacteria. Prime tick season is May - November. Less than 40% develop a rash with a tick bite. Were you outdoors just before the symptoms began?

There are over 30 strains of Babesia but testing only covers about 3 strains. It's best to find a LLMD to rule this out.