Labor Day Weekend Plans? What's Going ON?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by fivesue, Aug 30, 2007.

1. fivesue

fivesue New Member

We just got back from a week's vacation, so we are staying home. Jim is going to work on the 5th wheel's brakes, and we have things to do around here.

We are putting a new floor in our upstairs bathroom and a new vanity/top...going to be very modern looking...we are planning to sell in the next few months.

Anyone doing anything fun? I'll live vicariously through your adventures.

Drive carefully, each one going somewhere.

Happy Labor Day! Summer will officially be over!

2. laceymae

laceymae New Member

I'm gonna just live dangerous close to home this year

Both of the kids are planning on coming home, hubby will be here all next week on vacation, so I'm gonna get some of my honey do and gotta do jobs done.

I am gonna brave the wilds and go to Sam's club for my semi annual stockup...

hopefully all will be safe and we can look forward to some cooler weather

3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Sam's that can be dangerous! (to the pocketbook, anyway!)

4. painterZ

painterZ New Member

steamed crabs party. Crabs are so crazy expensive now so this year we're all chippin' in and my parents volunteered to have the messy part at their house. I do miss having a beer or two with my coke just doesn't cut it. I'm also praying for some time with my daughter, but we'll have to see.

Nothing too exciting, but I don't really like Summer so I don't mind saying "Good-Bye" until next year.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

5. fivesue

fivesue New Member

ARe they soft shelled crabs? Or hard shell? How do you eat them?

I live on the Pacific Coast and we have (sp?) Dungeneese crabs...not soft shelled, but the meat inside is absolutely wonderful. LOVE IT. But, like your crabs, they are so, so expensive.

Glad you don't have to have all the mess, and hope also you get some time with your daughter. How old is she?

Have a wonderday weekend...enjoy those crabs.

6. fivesue

fivesue New Member

From what I've heard about your weather this year, I don't blame your son for "gettin' outa Dogde!"

I'll bet you will be enjoying any air conditioned place you can find.

We will probably go to Costco, also...need some soft drinks, etc.

Crab does sound good, doesn't it? Ummmm. I guess I'm getting a bit hungry...Jim will be home soon so I'd better think about dinner at some point.

Enjoy your weekend, whatever comes up.

7. painterZ

painterZ New Member

My absolutely beautiful and smart daughter is 10-years old (can you hear me just gush?). So many of my friends are just now having their first children...I keep thinking, "My Lord, when my daughter's in college (and I keep reenforcing that she WILL go even if it means putting her baseball career on hold)then their children will be just turning 10." I'm 36 and don't know how I'd handle a tween when I was 46. No, no, 46 IS NOT old, I just struggle now, and can't imagine adding 10 years more of physical changes, and just life stress.

Now...onto the crabs. If you live in Baltimore it would be a crime to not eat steamed hard shell crabs. I think the sentence is like 20years, no possibility for parole. (ha) We recently got a new news reporter on one of our stations from the mid-west and they took her to a crab shack to show her how to eat them. She wasn't too thrilled but we'll work on her.

Anyway, enjoy the weekend!!

[This Message was Edited on 08/30/2007]
  8. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Molly, I'm impressed you haven't dropped over already just getting DH ready to go. Enjoy your night on the boat...and about that present...don't worry. An IOU will work.

PainterZ...A ten year old You were actually old when you had your first in relation to first came at 22 and second and final at 25...having a teen between your age now and when she turns 20 will really be a good thing.

About crabs...we don't steam them, we boil them and then crack and eat the meat. It is sooo goooood! I envy you. The writer from the midwest may take a bit to get used to the good food of the coasts. Keep at her...or if she give up, eat her share!

Great weekend, all.

9. PVLady

PVLady New Member

We are going to pack our food and have a picnic in a small park overlooking the ocean. We live a few blocks from the ocean so it won't be a long drive. In this park, you can see the whale migration.

Apparently the whales swim near the shore with their babies to avoid sharks. I am going to BBQ marinated steak and hamburgers, make potatoe salad, baked beans, my mom's colesalw recipe.

Does anyone want to join us at the park? ha ha.. I always have way too much food.

This is the first year I have done anything in a long time because I am feeling better.
  10. fivesue

fivesue New Member

My mother graduated from Redondo Beach High School in 1945...

California native like me?

I'm glad you are feeling well enough to plan an outing. What a neat thing,eh? So often I remember how I took my good health for granted...not anymore.

Have a great picnic!

[This Message was Edited on 08/31/2007]
  11. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Have fun winging it. We usually do that, too, as I never quite know how I'm going to feel.

So, we are now deciding if we want to work on the 5th wheel or start the bathroom spruce up. I think I'd go for the bathroom so we can sell this place and move on.

Whatever...have a great three days.

12. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

And i do mean nothing hardly worth talking about!

Sat: Went to WalMart and McDonalds for a hamburger! DH got wropng kind of toilet paper as the kind he got s5ops up our septic lines.

Sun: Went to church in soooo much pain. Fellowship was nice though afterwards. Telephone calls from all three chhildren.

Mon: Who knows? Probably clean out forwards and come tp see all of you.

oh, those steamed crabs sound soooo much better than my McD. hamburger.

Have fun tomorrow.

13. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I agree, Joan...much better than anything I've got going for food this weekend.

Sorry you are in such pain, but glad the fellowship made the effort worth it.

We have been working on redoing the bathroom...the easy pop together floors aren't as easy as they say. DH has got the hang of it now, though, and the bathroom will have a great new look...

Just in time to sell.

I hope you have a better Monday than you think...and please do stop in and chat.