Labs that do Mycoplasma PCR tests and Costs......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AJME, Feb 20, 2003.

1. AJME

AJME New Member

Here is a list of Labs that do PCR Myco testing. The lab in Mt. Laurel NJ seems to do the best testing for the money from what I see.

MYCOPLASMA TESTING BY PCR

International Molecular Diagnostics, Inc.
    Garth Nicolson & Marwan Y. Nasralla
    15162 Triton Lane, Huntington Beach, CA 92649
    Tel: (714)799-7177
    Fax: (714)799-9787
    Can do third party insurance billing

The Institute for Molecular Medicine
    A non-profit Research Institute
    15162 Triton Lane
    Huntington Beach, CA 92649-1041
    General Mycoplasma Screen Test $150.00 donation to "The Friends of the Institute"
    Individual Species Test $150.00 each or four species for $250.00 (The General Screen Test must be ordered, as well)

Immunosciences Labs, Inc.
    8730 Wilshire Blvd. STE 305
    Beverly Hills, Ca 90211
    Dr. Vojdani
    (800) 950-4686
    Only does PCR Test for Mycoplasma fermentans (incognitus)
    Price $150.00 Accepts insurance and MediCare

Medical Diagnostic Laboratory
    133 Gaither Drive, STE C
    Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054
    (609) 608-1696
    Lab that specializes in viral and bacterial cultures by PCR
    Mycoplasma General Test $120.00 , if positive then will do eight subspecies for additional $89.00
    (Has promised to discount cost by 12% to those without insurance, and allows a payment plan.)
    Will also do bacterial load to detect number of bacterial in a quantity of blood. This is useful for determining if antibiotic is effective.
    Will also do general Herpes and Chlamydia tests by PCR with sub species.

Melbourne Forensic Diagnostic Centre
    Level 5, 372-376 Albert Street
    East Melbourne, VIC, AU 3002
    Tel: 03-9415-1833
    Fax: 03-9416-5309
    Lab specializes in DNA screen of Mycoplasma, Chlamydia, and Rickettsia

[This Message was Edited on 02/20/2003]
  2. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

When I checked into it, just a month ago, they quoted much higher pricing to me.. just the mycoplasma testing alone was $450.00..that's why I thought it was so beyond my means..and this was e-mailed to me from Dr. NIcholson...I, also, Jelly looked into the hypercoagulation testing at Hemex and it was $450 which is very high if you don't have insurance and I thought you had indicated it was a lot less expensive..CAN I get tested where you have and how do I find out about their pricing of lab testing??!! AMELIA[This Message was Edited on 02/20/2003]
  3. selma

selma New Member

How do you send these tests to them and How do you get them drawn if your PCP doesn't order them and even if they do order them. What tubes are used etc.. Is the cost inclusive of the Dr. charge or another lab sending it to them or do you have to go to the labs???
    Lots of questions. Really waiting for answers.
    Love, Selma
  4. LindaLoonyTunes

LindaLoonyTunes New Member

This is THE BEST site for FM info! I copy and paste the info I find into a word document and then save it for future reference or to give to my doctor. I am right now researching the cost of these tests and where to get them. don't most major hospitals (cleveland clinic) offer this service? I emailed Dr. Nicholson this morning (2/20) and got a list of costs from him. The microplasma infections test is 450.00 He states that they are presently reorganizing their lab so some tests are not being done at this time. He gave me 6 different tests and the costs and reasoning for each. Very informative by the way.

JELLY BELLY - how long have you had this? FOREVER? You are certainly very knowledgeable and/or keep fantastic records.