Lactoferrin

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by autumn_rain, Sep 7, 2010.

1. autumn_rain

autumn_rain New Member

Hi all,

I have recently started taking lactoferrin after reading quite alot about it being a 'miricle' drug. Im feeling better than normal, Im still stupidly tired, but not nearly as floored by it as usual.

Has anyone else tried it and got good results??? Im keeping everything crossed that this continues to work and I can feel human again, there are already glimpses of that 'human' life again :)
  2. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

is lactoferrin a supplement? and can you get it at a health food store?
    i've never heard of it, and im interested in learning more about it.

i recently tried lauricidin, and had a hard time taking it, had a herx reaction from it so i had to back off for a bit. it's supposed to be an anti viral,bacterial,immine booster also.

Kat
  3. autumn_rain

autumn_rain New Member

Its a supplement I guess. heres a link to a bit about it: http://www.scientistlive.com/European-Science-News/Biotechnology/Lactoferrin%3A_the_first_line_of_defence_for_the_body%27s_immune_system/9384/

Just tells you what it is. I have looked into lots of studies of it and it seems really good. It occurs naturaly within the body and mothers first milk has massivly high quantities in it. I believe this is how they thought it might help with immunity and have natural antibacterial propertys. I have certainly noticed I havnt got as sick as I usualy do whilst on it. It supposed to protect against all sorts of other stuff such as cancer, IBS and help with sleeping as well, although having chronic insomnia I havnt noticed much changed in my sleeping!

I only heard about it because my mum read a book by Ron Gellatley called Internal health, the key to youth and vitality (we have alot of IBS problems within the family and she was looking for a new 'cure'!) He believes that lactroferrin helped him beat cancer. Heres a bit more about it and him: http://www.gutdoctor.co.uk/product-list/30_lactoferrin.html

hope that helps! Im not saying it a cure, but either way I feel its working :)
  4. kerrilyn

kerrilyn Member

I started taking it a couple months ago because I read that it is good for gut health, and it binds with iron improving absorption. I have been iron deficient for a long time and it never seems to improve. It's also said to have antiviral, antifungal and antibacterial qualities, while other natural supplements like garlic or olive leaf extract may lower bp, I haven't seen that lactoferrin does. I have low bp already, so I don't want to lower it more.

So, I thought I would give it a try. I have been feeling better, but I don't know if it's part of the reason, I have been taking some other supps too, so hard to say.

I'm glad it is helping you. I hope to continue to improve too (fingers crossed).
  5. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

I haven't used it, however, I am considering trying it. I have a $300 credit with LEF and I am going through their catalogue trying to figure out what might be useful for CFS.

"Lactoferrin helps maintain a proper level of good bactiera in the intestinal tract, while controling the number of bad bacteria. It is also known to have an extremely high affinity to bind to iron."